Viking Pro 1000 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3D diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Returning to diving after a 6 year layoff. My 22 year old Viking sport delaminated so I'm shopping for a new drysuit. I'm checking out the new drysuits at the local shops---Whites mostly so far---and am not sure I'm liking what I see. New (to me) materials, lots of extra stuff hanging on the suit, no integrated boots, no integrated hoods. For the same money I can get a Viking pro 1000 on the internet & be diving in a fairly familiar setup.

Comments?

Any Viking users out there?

Ok...

Let me expand this a little & ask about cuff systems: these didn't exist when I got my first suit & havig replaced the wrist and neck seals & hood a couple of times I like the idea of field replaceability.

I've been doing some googling & downloaded some documentation to read. Is there a good tutorial on cuff systems I could read/watch?

The Viking neck ring system looks pretty cumbersome. Anyone have experience using it?

Hi 3D diver,

It looks like you are close to Any Water Sports, ther are a SANTI Dealer. They have a Large Elite Drysuit that you can take a look at. Take notice of the Construction and the build quality. This will give you an idea of what else is out there that will be more like what your looking for.

When you stop in, ask for Ginny

Here is the address:
Any Water Sports
1344 Saratoga, Ave.
San Jose, CA 95129
Phone: 408-244-4433

Well, of course, I get my first response after ordering the suit.:D (But thank you)

I swung by Any Water a week or so ago & they were hopping. Couldn't get anyone's attention. I think they may have been having a sale or celebration of some sort. They mostly had DUI's and neoprene scubapro suits on display.

In the end I just decided to punt & buy what I'm familiar with. I'm going to forego the cuffs for now. I can always add them the next time I have to replace a seal. I'll make another round of the local shops looking at underwear while waiting for the suit to arrive.

Here is something to look at (something). I'm going this route ASAP.

By all means post how they work out for you. Retrofitting a cuff system & dry gloves is always an option.

Wow, this forum is well behaved. Other forums I hang out in would be having a field day with posts like this:

I'll make another round of the local shops looking at underwear while waiting

:eyebrow:

Suit was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work yesterday---Viking took their time filling the order. But no worries, I knew they aren't too interested in sport divers any more so didn't have high expectations. I'm gonna head up to Any Water to look at underwear in a few minutes & trim the neck seal later today or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom