Viking classic cuff glove recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anybody have recommendations for an aftermarket dry glove that will work with a viking classic cuff. My understanding is that it can't be flocked lined.

I am not exactly sure what flock lined means, but google shows it as just a light lining attached to the glove. The gloves I use are flock lined and I have never had a problem. The Viking ring seals to the outside of the glove not the inside. I like the Atlas 495 (490) with removable liners. I would recommend ordering two pairs and maybe a spare set of liners. Some like the 465 (460) since it is a little thinner, but I am hard on equipment so I stick with the thicker pair. Fit is very important. Don't get to big of a glove. If you need to try one on, you could grab a light liner and go to a hardware store. They have similar PVC gloves. Try them on and find the one that fits tight. It is okay if it takes a little work getting on and off. The fingers do not have to go all the way to the bottom of the fingers. The extra air will just add warmth. I am 5'10" 165#'s and use a medium. I have found that a tight latex/nitril glove should be the same size for scuba gloves.

ProductCart shopping cart software - Seattle Marine

Does anybody have recommendations for an aftermarket dry glove that will work with a viking classic cuff. My understanding is that it can't be flocked lined.

If your in Minneapolis there are several dive shops you could check out for gloves. Price might be high, I would consider checking out "Home Depot" type of store and see if they have anything that would work. You could try several kinds for the price of a single pair from a dive shop.
I have been using the Viking Classic rings for 20yrs and never a single problem.

Al

So what kind of glove do you use with your classic cuff rings then?

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2012 at 02:58 PM ----------

I think you are talking about the the bayonet rings?

I am not exactly sure what flock lined means, but google shows it as just a light lining attached to the glove. The gloves I use are flock lined and I have never had a problem. The Viking ring seals to the outside of the glove not the inside. I like the Atlas 495 (490) with removable liners. I would recommend ordering two pairs and maybe a spare set of liners. Some like the 465 (460) since it is a little thinner, but I am hard on equipment so I stick with the thicker pair. Fit is very important. Don't get to big of a glove. If you need to try one on, you could grab a light liner and go to a hardware store. They have similar PVC gloves. Try them on and find the one that fits tight. It is okay if it takes a little work getting on and off. The fingers do not have to go all the way to the bottom of the fingers. The extra air will just add warmth. I am 5'10" 165#'s and use a medium. I have found that a tight latex/nitril glove should be the same size for scuba gloves.

ProductCart shopping cart software - Seattle Marine

I have Si-tech quick rings, which I believe are similar. The gloves just pull over the rings and are held on by friction, right? If so, a very light flocked lining is ok as long as they're on pretty snug. The gloves from Home Depot work, but are a little on the thin side if you're going to be touching anything. So far, my favorite gloves are neoprene / natural rubber in the 26-29 mil thickness range. Try marine / fishing stores, safety supply stores, etc.

Have you had any issues with your si-tech quick rings? Now that I have the system in hand I can't believe that they work given how simple they are compared to the various other systems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom