Viking Bayonet rings & Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Been playing around installing my Viking glove rings on my Fusion.

Just want to check with other Fusion/Viking users what size/color rings you ended up with on the wrist seal?

I've tried both blue and yellow; blue can be squeezed in, but it's a very tight fit, whereas the yellow rings go in a bit easier and don't feel like they'd just "slip out".

Thoughts?

Thanks

Henrik

Lynne? <knocks on screen> Lynne?

All the best, James

Lynne? <knocks on screen> Lynne?

You're right James. I should've just PM'd Lynne directly :D

Henrik

If you have not found your answer I can check when I get home, but I think that the ones inside my suit are green... Could be wrong though...

Phil

I have the blue ones on the suit side. You want it to be fairly difficult to slide the outer rings on, or else it will be too easy to pull them off by accident.

Thanks guys. I ended up going with yellow. As I wrote before, the blue was a very tight fit. Enough that I was a bit worried it might damage the seal. The yellow on the other hand was a snug fit that took some pressure to get it in. I did a "pull" test and I don't think that ring would come off without some pretty serious pulling.

The gloves though; the blue ring slips in very easily due to the fabric lining in the gloves. Of course the friction keeping the glove in the main ring is between glove and main ring and not the inside blue ring.

I did 2 dives with them today, and I *really* like dry gloves :D

Henrik

I have the Blue ones in mine as well... Though there may be something to using the smaller yellow ones.

I have two drysuits and swapped the rings from one suit to the other, and right now my rings are installed on my other suit. I went to go diving yesterday and I wanted to use the Fusion and I was just going to wear wet gloves. After getting in the water and sitting on the surface for a few min helping another diver get her gear on I noticed that my arm felt a little wet. In my mind I thought that it was just my brain playing a trick on me because my hands were wet which they had not been in about 2 years. We started to decend and when I got below the thermocline I could tell that there was actually water getting in my suit. Natually I thought that I scrunched teh seal up or something with my wetglove. We had to go back to the surface anyway because one of my buddies did not have enough weight. Got the weight situation fixed and I doffed and doned my glove and decended again. Still had water coming in. Back to the surface we went. This time I decended a few feet and held that arm up and had a buddy check for bubbles. Sure enough there were some coming out of my wrist seal. I got out and the other divers continued on. When got my suit off and took a look there was a good size hole right were the rings were.

So I guess the bottom line is do not remove the rings once you have them in.... Or maybe with the yellow rings it would not be an issue...

So Lynn I know that you have a good place that you sent your suit off to, to have the neck seal replaced. Who do you recommend?

Phil

Thanks Phil, that's good information. I guess the "ideal" is snug enough for safe installation without squishing the seal too much? I sure was a bit nervous about removing the ring for my various tries, so leaving the rings in place make sense.

I wonder if there is any maintenance that would help keeping the seal by the rings "healthy" other than maybe regular use of "Seal Saver" and talc/powder?

Henrik

I did not use either of those on my seals by the way. I have no idea if it would have made a difference. I have always had intentions of getting some Talc but never found what I was looking for, nad just never really pursued it much after the initial search...

Phil

Blue rings in mine as well. Anyone else have an issue w/ the seals using blue rings? I haven't taken mine apart since I put them on. Love them!!

Back
Top Bottom