Vienna, Austria visit; where to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I'm going to traveling to Vienna (August 22-27) and would like to get some scuba time in. Am having trouble finding something for me and I am probably overthinking it.

I read through things like the PADI "10 Top Dive Sites in Austria and Switzerland", but I'm feeling that a lot of cool locations are really far from Vienna. I've already paid for a hotel in Vienna for the week and will not have a car. I speak no German (sorry, I'm so American that way) and am feeling a little intimidated in my navigation of google translated dive shop websites. I would also need a dive buddy. Can someone point me towards a local dive site/shop? Any mid-week guided dive tours I could pay for? Does any local want a dive buddy mid week?

I got dive certified in Alaska so I'm dry suit certified and comfy at water temperatures down to 33F; I am also certified and comfortable with altitude and ice diving. I will be luggage constrained, so the I will only be bringing my mask, hood, gloves. Would need to rent everything else. If I had to, I could bring a BC and/or fins but I'd prefer not to.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom