Video underwater @ Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

razarizvi

New
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm planning to do a discover scuba in Cozumel this April along with my wife ...first time for both of us. We would of course want to get pics and, if possible, video of the dive. Eagleraydivers charges $150 for the video (they get a thirdparty videographer i think) while ScubaCozumel (Aqua sports) charges $15. Has anyone had their video taken during a dive? Does it come out good and is it worth it? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Raza

send me your email address and will send you email of a guy I have used for over 7 years to shoot video everytime we come to Coz......which is twice a year.............
hes out of this world. Music editing..........etc. About $150-175 I dont recall. Its worth it

razarizvi:
Hi All,

I'm planning to do a discover scuba in Cozumel this April along with my wife ...first time for both of us. We would of course want to get pics and, if possible, video of the dive. Eagleraydivers charges $150 for the video (they get a thirdparty videographer i think) while ScubaCozumel (Aqua sports) charges $15. Has anyone had their video taken during a dive? Does it come out good and is it worth it? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Raza
Something to consider: If you hire someone separately the video will be just of you. I suspect the Aqua Sports video will be a "group" video. If you're doing a discover scuba course you may be quite a ways away from the main group and not get much screen time.

I got a video of us when we did our discover scuba, we were out with Scuba Du and they had a videographer on the boat. I think it was $45 or $50. It was a group video and we're not in it much. Actually that's a blessing as we were quite obviously newbies :shakehead It's funny to look back at 5 years down the line. We've come a Looong way!!!

"I got a video of us when we did our discover scuba, we were out with Scuba Du and they had a videographer on the boat. I think it was $45 or $50. It was a group video and we're not in it much. Actually that's a blessing as we were quite obviously newbies
shakehead.gif
It's funny to look back at 5 years down the line. We've come a Looong way!!!"..............

Maybe he was afraid of breaking his camera.....................lol......j/k'ing...I could not resist......UW videos are great to have....have several hundred hours of us here around the house......Our son was an uw videographer on Roatan for a couple years.....You would not believe the shots I have from him, from us to the PB Bunnies he shot in Summer of '99(BP rented the Agressor for a week & came to dive with AKR for a day-dolphin stuff mainly).....unreal.......

Hello Razarivi:

Take it from all in all the advise... First of all Welcome to the world of Scuba... and be ready for all the thrills and enjoyment that are in store.

All I can say is you actually have plenty of time to run down to your local dive shop... enroll in a open water certification program and get your open water certification while your down on Coz. Do your training here and not waste time with killing time on a "resort" certification...

If this is just see to see if Scuba is for you, while... I'm sure that sooner or later you'll end up at a dive shop enrolling. ;-)

Either way, have fun and good luck.

My 2 cents.

VM

me and my fiance are going to belize we choose to go through open water cert here and glad we did remember its your life under there and will be more fun if you understand a little more we do our check out dives next weekend cant wait

Thank y'all for the suggestions.

@5615mike, please send me the videographer's contact info. My email is razarizvi@hotmail.com. I guess the $150 will be worth it if the video is just for the two of us. I'll post it on youtube for you all when I get back in April. :14:
I hope you'll be like :popcorn: and not :rofl3:.

The main reason I am looking for professional photos/video is that my wife is writing an article for a magazine about the scuba trip and the pics need to come out nice.
For now, we'll go with the discoverscuba for a couple of reasons - shelling out 700 bucks in addition to the cruise (not to mention my new tv and a potential wii) is kinda pricey at least for now. Also my wife, whose only experience swimming comes from our apartment pool, is freaking out at the thought of doing the required 200 meter certification lap without a break. But at least we'll have the one day swimming pool scuba experience that Univ of Houston is offering for free on Mar 1 and Apr 6.
http://www.uh.edu/recreation/aquatics/scuba.htm

Fortunately Cozumel is just a couple of hours away and we're sure we'll be getting our certification sometime down the road and will be heading there again.

Thanks again for the help,
Raza

Back
Top Bottom