video: Palm Beach Wrecks: Anna Celcilia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I did a solo dive yesterday over one of our new local wrecks, the Anna Cecilia which is downstream of several other older wrecks. This was my first scuba dive on this wreck and I took a look around went inside and even picked up a fish for dinner.

For this video, I pretty much let the camera run, so it is more of a survey of the wrecks. The video progresses exactly in the sequence it occurred. Might be interesting to someone who might want to get a good overview of what it looks like to drift over the wrecks. They are aligned in a north/south direction, so you can ride the current from the south to the north.

Today we had very nice visibility, 73 degree water (cold !!!) and a mild north current.

The dive progresses from the Anna C then over some sand (which I skipped) to the Mitzpah (which is really like three wrecks in one area) .. then onto a linear boulder ridge to the Amaryllis (where I found a brand new anchor) then I think there are more Rocks, then we get to a 100 ft barge, then some sand and then over a wide and pretty long debris field of concrete and rocks/boulders.

I didn’t ask the captain how long the dive is, but I would guess it might be on the order of ½ mile.. a pretty good swim. I think 100% of the structure is either wreck or man-made artificial reef.

Sorry if the video is too long and not so exciting, - there was not many fish around and I am tired of shooting video of catching lobsters (we caught a bunch of the second dive).
Some of the rooms in the new wreck the Anna c. were darker than I expected – for a new “safe” artificial reef.

It sure took you long enough to check her out! Just like I remember except viz is a quite a bit better on your dive. And less current also. The other difference is when I was up by the wheelhouse and looked up a pod of dolphins were swimming by. One of the highlights of the dive along with dong the superman hang off of the mast. No video to show but it really happened.

Was that one of those negative entries?:wink:

LOL, I yelled a little on the back roll when the tip of my speargun got momentarily caught up on the radio antenna. I pretty much always do negative entries.

Where is this located? Out of which marina do you go?- Oops, never mind. I got all into your report and forgot the title "West Palm Beach"-- I am headed there to dive from Thursday through next Monday. Was curious about water temps. Sounds like this dive got a bit chilly at 73 degrees.

Forecast is quite good for the winter especially.

I did a solo dive yesterday over one of our new local wrecks, the Anna Cecilia which is downstream of several other older wrecks. This was my first scuba dive on this wreck and I took a look around went inside and even picked up a fish for dinner.

For this video, I pretty much let the camera run, so it is more of a survey of the wrecks. The video progresses exactly in the sequence it occurred. Might be interesting to someone who might want to get a good overview of what it looks like to drift over the wrecks. They are aligned in a north/south direction, so you can ride the current from the south to the north.

Today we had very nice visibility, 73 degree water (cold !!!) and a mild north current.

The dive progresses from the Anna C then over some sand (which I skipped) to the Mitzpah (which is really like three wrecks in one area) .. then onto a linear boulder ridge to the Amaryllis (where I found a brand new anchor) then I think there are more Rocks, then we get to a 100 ft barge, then some sand and then over a wide and pretty long debris field of concrete and rocks/boulders.

I didn’t ask the captain how long the dive is, but I would guess it might be on the order of ½ mile.. a pretty good swim. I think 100% of the structure is either wreck or man-made artificial reef.

Sorry if the video is too long and not so exciting, - there was not many fish around and I am tired of shooting video of catching lobsters (we caught a bunch of the second dive).
Some of the rooms in the new wreck the Anna c. were darker than I expected – for a new “safe” artificial reef.

looks pretty fresh how long has it been down
73degrees - its all relative i guess- id be thrilled if i could dive in that temperature!

She was scuttled on July 13, 2016 so just about 7 months ago. I dove her on August 23, 2016 and she was starting to show growth on the outer surfaces. The growth has increased but it is slower than I expected given the amount that I saw back in August. It will come.

She was scuttled on July 13, 2016 so just about 7 months ago. I dove her on August 23, 2016 and she was starting to show growth on the outer surfaces. The growth has increased but it is slower than I expected given the amount that I saw back in August. It will come.

Yeah we snorkeled on it soon after it went down..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom