Video housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just visited JVCs website...the camera definately looks interesting...considering it's only $200. Plus it only measures aprox 3Hx3Wx5L. You could put together a pretty small housing for something like that. I think I'll try!! :)

What's neat about the back mounted screen is it has both menu and focus controls. So you could likely use Ikelite control rods to push/turn them through the back plate.

Yes, with it's square shape and small size, it just might fit right into a piece of 4" pvc. I'll probaby make it my next project. If anyone gives it a try first, post our findings.

Well I finally took the plunge and bought the JVC video camera. I have the housing done and it’s ready to get wet. I’ll have some pictures of it on line soon. So far it looks like it’s going to work good. It’s small and light weight and cheap. $200 for the camera and maybe another $50 in the housing.

Back
Top Bottom