video hosting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukeROB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have finally come up with a short video of some of the stuff I shot underwater in Thailand after the Tsunami. Are there any free places to host this so you guys can download?

Sorry it took so long I am such a beginner at video. I took me forever just to pull the clips I liked out then to cut sections and bring them all together. Fun but too long spent, but now I know how to do it will be much quicker.

BTW how big should a 7minute clip be for download - 25 - 30mb ??

I don't know of any free video hosting sites. I'm sure the files are usually too large for the freebies. Allenhost.com is reasonably priced and I've seen some short video clips there.

I know nothing about video, although may need to learn out of self defense since Beast is getting started in it.

Let us know what you find.

Hey lukeROB,

As far as free hosting plans I don't know - cihost.com usually has some good deals with unlimited bandwidth that support video hosting in RM format. I have used them for my websites for about 6 years now and have been quite happy with their service.

For file sizes, it depends upon the quality, etc.. I encode 1hr videos every week - broadband (384k connection speed) ends up being 150mb, 56k speed is about 15mb and 28k is 9mb. This should give you an idea of the file size when using Real Media format (Helix producer 9, version 10 the files get even smaller) If you are using files directly form miniDV then plan on 1gb per 10min.

Lots of variables - but have fun with them all

Aloha, Tim

P.S. can you give us some details about the format you want to use, etc..? Since you only want it for download you can use any free service that has enough space (they usually give you 10-20 mb free)

I would gladly get it put up on my website. I am currently in the process of putting up some video clips from customers and students. I would be glad to put it up on the site and you can just send people over to view it.

If you would like to check out the site, go to www.h2ophotopros.com

Let me know if you are interested.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom