video from this past weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
here's a video I shot this past weekend.......

be sure to right click and "save target as" to your computer and play it from there!

http://www.rnrscuba.net/BlueholeJuly2006.wmv

most of the time we were in the water we were alone but I did capture an instructor with doubles and his students at the platform, the rest of the divers are all with my group. Enjoy!

robint

Excellent video! The video was from the weekend of the 22 or this weekend? If it was the weekend of the 22 then the instructor was my tech instructor. I was up in santa rosa on the 21 doing a class and he was staying the entire weekend working an aow class.

yes, it was from 22nd, 23rd. We were the group set up on the grass with tents. Only 3 students but 6 dive-alongs. We had a great time both days as there weren't that many divers. It was fun but I wish vis had been better.

robint

Great video! thanks for sharing.
I like when divers do this, cause I can show my family what I see when I dive. Had a chuckle when you got the hotel cards on the anchor line. I found them in the silt the week prior and put them at another spot, then found them on the anchor that morning. I think I'll have to pick out a momento to place down there on my next trip.

The vis looked pretty good to me from the video you shot. To bad I had to get on the road Sat morning. I dove BH at about 8:00 that Saturday. First to splash, and vis was great. Don't know what the students after me did to the vis though.

FD

The visibility was pretty crappy on Friday, July 21 too. I don't know what was happening because when we got into the water there was only one other diver in the water, who didn't stay down very long, but the visibility on the bottom was around 40 feet. I was half expecting the visibility to be excellent being a friday and being one of the first people in the water. It was suprising.

robint:
here's a video I shot this past weekend.......

be sure to right click and "save target as" to your computer and play it from there!

http://www.rnrscuba.net/BlueholeJuly2006.wmv

most of the time we were in the water we were alone but I did capture an instructor with doubles and his students at the platform, the rest of the divers are all with my group. Enjoy!

robint

Excellent!

Thank you for sharing!

Here are a few things that I noticed:

Vis was great! People in Florida have no idea
what they are talking about :14:

People were doing frog kicks with splits.
This is unpossible :wink:

People were wetsuit diving and dry suit diving
which just confirms not everyone has the same
comfort level :coffee:

Life in great underwater! :eyebrow:

That is all :D

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom