Video from the Similan Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is really good. Some of the shots, for example the longfin batfish, are amongst the clearest and most "cinematic" underwater footage I have ever seen from any camera. The music is dramatic but suits the footage really well and definitely adds to the overall feel.

Are you using an Ikelite housing?

By the way, the jellyfish at 0:37 is Versuriga anadyomene, which is quite different from a lion's mane jellyfish. I have been unable to find a common name for it so I just call it a rhizostome jellyfish.

Thanks for the correction on the jellyfish, I wasn't sure what it was exactly lion's mane was my best guess. I am using an Ikelite housing, you can see some reflection issues with the ceramic dome port on some of the shots shooting up at the sun, the glass ports of other manufacturers wouldn't do that. My wide angle lens is the tokina 11-16mm, zoom lens sigma 17-70mm and macro is the Canon 100mm. Next lens will be the Tokina 10-17 fisheye. I use 2 fisheye fix 1000 lumen lights, but am thinking of upgrading to 4000 lumen lights.

Nice job.

What I liked most about this were the creatures you don't get to see very much. The jellyfish was exceptional because of its size and the texture. Very cool. The other was the leopard shark. Very cool.

OK you've just raised the bar for me. This is great footage!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom