Going beyond the GoPro - compacts / portable rigs for video only.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have any experience with Paralenz? From some reviews it seems that too would be a step up from Gopro.

Does anyone have any experience with Paralenz? From some reviews it seems that too would be a step up from Gopro.
I dive with one (gen1). Very easy to use and travel with. The newest model coming will have a view screen to frame your shots. It's a rather wide angle lens so it does tend to get whatever you point it at.

Pros:
  • No additional dive case needed
  • Very streamlined
  • Switches designed by and for divers
  • Outstanding customer service
  • Dive centric features like depth sensing colour correction (blue or green water selectable) and data capture of depth and temp which can be overlaid on the video
  • has a still mode for capturing still images

Cons:
  • No replaceable battery. For long dive days of more than two dives I take a battery bank to recharge during surface intervals
  • Some growing pains in the software over the years but it's pretty much ironed out now.

Here's some video from it shot at 2k with the white-balance set to fixed for the temp of my lights (two 3500 lumen Big Blues).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom