Video from the PNW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linedog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A short video shot with my Gopro2 and my Hog Morph backup light with the video head.

[video=youtube;x29knFH9-EQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x29knFH9-EQ&sns=em[/video]

That was a really nice run-through of the kinds of critters one can fairly reliably see in our Puget Sound dives! And you just gotta love diving here when the viz is that good . . .

Very nice. Not sure how you operate the GoPro with gloves, but video did not look shaky. Lived in Bellingham for a while but never attempted to dive up there. Cold water diving is a whole different ball game. Interesting creatures. What location was this filmed at? I remember Port Townsend ferry had a jetty with some good shore diving, also Deception pass. Need to try those places some time.

Hi Linedog,

Nice to see how your GP looks in saltwater!! I just used mine for the first time in emerald green lake water. I just posted to the forum about my low quality YouTube upload, so as part of your thread, since you are familiar with green water conditions, I thought I'd alert you and see if you could offer some suggestions. Your upload quality is superb!! Here it is, but as I mentioned you can see the specific question on the board. Also, what is the name of the fish(?) that was to the right of the GPO? I haven't done too many night dives over there, so I've never seen that critter!

By the way, this is what the waters are like just on the east side of the Cascades!!

Hey Lynne.....the emerald fishless-critterless waters still await you!!!

Warm Regards, Deb

Lake Pend Oreille Scuba Diving with GoPro Hero3 - YouTube

Hey Deb, great video! I am by no means an expert with GoPro video, but I have learned that I need light to really take the green out. The PolorPro magenta filter helps a great deal especially at night. Parts of my video that are well lit in the shallows still are green with just ambient lighting. I edit with iMovie, the long download times are what kill me. When I upload to YouTube it takes just over an hour for a 4 minute video in high quality. I use just 1 Hog Morph backup light with the video head, 2 would be great but my budget won't allow it just yet. If you have any questions shoot me an email.

Greetings and thanks for the speedy reply! I've been surfing more YT vids tonight and still teed off that mine is such poor quality, yet the DVDs I burned are excellent quality on my plasma tv. I do have two 900 lumen eLed lights on my camera tray, but I didn't use them as this was my first dive with it and it was full sun overhead. They would have been very useful had I come in a little closer on the wreck. It was a first timer situation. I know the upload time does take awhile, that's why I whittled down my vid to 6 minutes or so. Usually I put in a lot of transitions and occasionally some captions, but I didn't do that for the YT one. Do you edit your clips in the GoPro software and then import and render them in iMovie? Thanks!!

What is the type/name of the fish that was to the right of the GPO? I've never seen one of those over there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom