Video: Diving the Titan, July 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have gotten some video edited from our trip last week to Morehead City. Here is the first dive of the trip, The Titan wreck, one of the "inshore" wrecks at approx 60' depth. The seas were still a bit rough that day, so the Olympus boat capt decided we should stick to the inshore wrecks.

[vimeo]13891254[/vimeo]
please start the video then immediately stop it and let it load all the way, otherwise it will be jerky to watch)

Vis was only about 20' at best, and some current, so I didn't get as much footage as I would have liked. I saw 2 sharks, one large one as we came down the line, then the small one on the wreck which you see in the video. Huge baitballs on the wreck made it a great dive, even though vis was rough.
Our second dive we went to the Indra and since the DM said the current was ripping, I left the video rig on the boat. I should have taken it with me as I didn't find it unmanageable, oh well. The next day we went back to Indra as the second dive so I did get footage. I willl have that video edited and posted in the next few days.

robin:D

from what I understand, that little shark has been seen there for past month. He was a little bit skittish, with so many divers on such a small dive site, but that is understandable. Most of the divers didn't even see him! We got back on the boat and most people didn't see either of the sharks. That was true on the Indra, our second dive that day, also. We got on the boat talking about the sharks we saw and people were asking "you saw sharks?" Some people were just zipping around at mach speed, duh! Slow down people, just hover in one place for a few minutes and watch the fish!!!

I am editing away on the rest of my video footage, I got better stuff the second day.

Wow! Nice work Robin.

The footage of the baitfish dancing reminded me of the squid dance we witnessed on one of our night dives in LC.

Hands down, the jellyfish bits were the BEST. Thanks for sharing.

thanks! I am working on the video of the Indra today, I think I got much better footage there. :D I wish we had gotten to more dive sites, just one more reason to come back!!! I think we are going to try to put together a group trip for WWII wreck diving, 5 days this time.

Back
Top Bottom