video - diving the BH, July 26th, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
here's the video of my second dive on Saturday, July 26th, 2008
I didn't take in the rig on my first dive, which was much clearer, but you can still see how amazing the vis is now!

Diving into clear water - Blue Hole, July 2008 on Vimeo

my dive buddies are my daughter, Tiffany, and friend Scott who was practice some of his tech stuff (multiple tanks and running lines on bottom). Great dives both Saturday and Sunday! :D

robin:D

here's the video of my second dive on Saturday, July 26th, 2008
I didn't take in the rig on my first dive, which was much clearer, but you can still see how amazing the vis is now!

Diving into clear water - Blue Hole, July 2008 on Vimeo

my dive buddies are my daughter, Tiffany, and friend Scott who was practice some of his tech stuff (multiple tanks and running lines on bottom). Great dives both Saturday and Sunday! :D

Nice job! The diving has been terrific these last few weeks.

So what's up with the tickle stick that Tiffany's carrying? Is that to whack errant students?....... :rofl3:

Nice job! The diving has been terrific these last few weeks.

So what's up with the tickle stick that Tiffany's carrying? Is that to whack errant students?....... :rofl3:

thanks! She says yes. :wink: Actually, those are muck sticks we made for holding camera still and not touching the coral, etc. I gave it to her to keep her busy. :D She liked it obviously.

We didn't see you there.... we were there under the green canopy when we weren't diving. Did you come over?

Great video Robin! The visibility looks much better than it has in previous months.

Hey Robin,

What's up...I'm the tank/toe guy from Netkon a few years back...still trying to recover from the shame. I saw some of your vids from Palau. We are heading that way in Jan/Feb following a run to Truk. Now I am all fired up....thanks for posting!

Cheers

JC

thanks! She says yes. :wink: Actually, those are muck sticks we made for holding camera still and not touching the coral, etc. I gave it to her to keep her busy. :D She liked it obviously.

We didn't see you there.... we were there under the green canopy when we weren't diving. Did you come over?

A muck stick!! hmmm, learn something everyday!

Yep, was there on Sunday. Must have walked past you at least twice......:shakehead:

Next time, we'll have to set this up so we can actually meet up.

Hey Robin,

What's up...I'm the tank/toe guy from Netkon a few years back...still trying to recover from the shame. I saw some of your vids from Palau. We are heading that way in Jan/Feb following a run to Truk. Now I am all fired up....thanks for posting!

Cheers

JC

Hey John!
Wow, we haven't heard from anyone from that Nekton trip in awhile. We just did the Nekton again in April and had a blast - no one dropped a tank on their toe either. :wink: Hope you are doing well, hello to Steve and the rest of your midwest gang. You will have a blast in Palau. We would go again tomorrow if we could afford it. Are you doing a liveaboard for Truk and Palau?

A muck stick!! hmmm, learn something everyday!

Yep, was there on Sunday. Must have walked past you at least twice......:shakehead:

Next time, we'll have to set this up so we can actually meet up.

yeah, the muck stick thing is something we learned from friends who dive Indonesia, etc. where the bottom is nothing but muck/sand.
I thought I had told you that we had the big green truck and to stop by. Guess not. :confused: Oh well, maybe next time!

today we are packing up my Element to head over to Calif for 2 days in the kelp. Yes, we are doing the 12 hour drive thing again - with airline prices and all the gear it is still cheaper to drive. I will post more videos when we get back. :D

robin
:D

yeah, the muck stick thing is something we learned from friends who dive Indonesia, etc. where the bottom is nothing but muck/sand.
I thought I had told you that we had the big green truck and to stop by. Guess not. :confused: Oh well, maybe next time!

today we are packing up my Element to head over to Calif for 2 days in the kelp. Yes, we are doing the 12 hour drive thing again - with airline prices and all the gear it is still cheaper to drive. I will post more videos when we get back. :D

robin
:D

For sure! Guess I need to pay more attention!!!!! :confused:

Have fun in the Kelp!! Say hello to the critters for me. Drive and dive safe!

That is the best video I've seen from the BH! (I've not see a lot, but a few). Great job on the editing as well!

It was so interesting seeing the differences in the divers. The OW students all vertical and kicking constantly to maintain buoyancy vs. the more experienced divers. The tech dude had it nailed. We see this all the time at the Hole, but I may link this to a broader forum so more can view the Blue Hole from other parts of the states/world if you don't mind?

Too bad there were no Dads (not in season), or fish in the vid. Some dives you see a bunch of fish, others few or even none.

The vis looked really good! Hope it lasts till I get down there next, and then forever! :eyebrow:

Thanks for sharing,

Back
Top Bottom