Video: Dives from the new Lobos ramp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

supersand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Despite the horrible forecast Cynthia and I showed up at Lobos on Saturday and managed to get two nice dives in. First was a scooter dive out to the sisters and then Betos. I had the video camera for this dive and managed to piece together some of the footage. Out at Beto's the wolf eel was in its little den, Cynthia signaled to "take a look here" I pointed the scooter cam towards the hideout but I didn't actually see him with my eyes in the hole. Only when I came back home and reviewed the video did I see the eel in the hideout.

Second dive was a kick dive out behind hitw. On the way back in, in the sand channel we were treated to a beautiful leopard shark sighting. Unfortunately I didn't have the video camera out for that dive.

[vimeo]16824131[/vimeo]

-Erik

Last edited:
Fantastic video! Great choice of music. The light is working out really well, it's amazing that the little Hero cam is shooting all that.

Thanks for a fun video. The ramp looks great.

Great video. I think I saw you guys go right under us. Despite the bad forecasts, Pt. Lobos was pretty good today.

Wow, the ramp looks fabulous! And the viz looks as though it was just plain lovely.

I miss Monterey . . . can't believe I won't be back down there until next May.

Since Erik brought up the leopard shark, I rushed this video into production. Another benefit of team diving - back-up camera. Too bad editing skills are not as good :p

Good eye on Erik's part for seeing the leopard shark.

[youtubehq]eR2kgLJe0Xw[/youtubehq]

Fantastic video! Great choice of music. The light is working out really well, it's amazing that the little Hero cam is shooting all that.
Thanks. Having a light really does make a difference for the color, and having the cam mounted to the scooter really smooths out the movements.
Ditto. Nice video. Who was that you ran into on the way back in?
I belive that was Don and crew.
Thanks for a fun video. The ramp looks great.
The new section is super grippy no worries about slipping yet.
Great video. I think I saw you guys go right under us. Despite the bad forecasts, Pt. Lobos was pretty good today.
Funny how that works sometimes.
tastefully done....muchas gracias
Thanks.
Wow, the ramp looks fabulous! And the viz looks as though it was just plain lovely.

I miss Monterey . . . can't believe I won't be back down there until next May.
Im originally from WA (Aberdeen) one of these days I'd like to check out some of the sites up your way around the sound.

Back
Top Bottom