Video: British Virgin Islands sailing and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing. I think my favorite footage was inside the wreck with the shoal of small fish and the light in the background.

Main feedback would be regarding your editing = I would try to include some sort of "transitions" between each of your clips (most video editing programs provide various transition options = wipe, fade in/out, etc.) - it makes the video much less choppy.

Looks like it was a great trip - cool boat.

Cons

To erratic and choppy. Linger a little more on the scenes, stabilize your camera, dive videos are more impressive when they imply tranquility...unless there's a shark around.

Tell a story.

The comment about transitions was on target but don't overdo it, there's nothing wrong with hard cuts if the story demands them. Dissolve transitions are nice during a dive but fade outs imply a change of time or location.

Give us an ending. Coming out of the water, on the boat having a drink, comraderie with your fellow divers. Anything. Let us know the video is over...before its over. Then fade out.

Pros

I liked how you held the camera and did a selfie as you entered the water. I might use that myself. Thanks!

At first I didn't like the "speed up" you did at the end of some shots, by the end of the video I liked them.

After I posted that response I thought to myself "maybe that's what he was going after". It certainly was different and not bad. A couple times though you cut away so quick I didn't understand what was going on in the shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom