Video: Back to the Two Towers (McAbee)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How far out are the towers Ken?

The Two Towers are out at the end of Hopkins Reef, directly out from the Aquarium. If you go out to McAbee and look west at the two small white buoys, they're just about there at about 50ft depth (you'll run into the two huge pipes along the ground that head back into the Aquarium, I think they repurposed sardine loading pipes for the towers. It's a long but doable kick in doubles.

We stumbled on them by accident the first time... This time was a touch more deliberate, and I took some notes: Head directly off the beach and surface kick a bit further than the rocks that El Torito sits on -- this will put you over about 20 ft of water. Descend and follow a 330 heading. After a while (25 minutes starting/stopping with scooters, maybe 40 minutes kicking), you'll pass a pair of large diameter pipes at about 40 fsw that look in better shape than the rest... Hook a right and follow the pipes to the towers!

It's a fun long dive, and like Kenn said, your average depth will be maybe 35 fsw.

Thanks for the video. Definitely cool.

I think we were the beginners parked next to you at El Torito :)

Thanks for the guidance too!

I think we were the beginners parked next to you at El Torito :)

Thanks for the guidance too!

Hey, nice to run into you online! Hope you guys were able to fix the hose and get in a good second dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom