Video: 4/4/09 Saturday at Granite Point Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

Sorry to hear that Monterey presented sludgy conditions for the M&G, but it sounds like it was a fun gathering and some of the ones who headed down to Carmel found some good conditions!

We ended up with a team of 6 (is that a gaggle?) at Point Lobos. We split up into two teams of three, and somehow managed to stay together from Middle Reef to GPW. There was quite a bit of surge (at one shooting me through one channel almost right into Doc Wong's camera) but it was a fantastic dive. Vis was about 15-20ft at Middle Reef, opening up to 25-30ft at GPW. CKM led our group and besides performing a supreme job navigatin' us around, also showed me Itchy and Scratchy for the first time and found a huge male Sheephead hiding under a ledge in Middle Reef.

The surge made for rough footage, so it's a bit short and jerky this time:

Larger version at: YouTube - Assault on Granite Point Wall

Thanks for posting Kenn!

That looks just about how the viz was at Monastery. Spring had sprung on our dive we saw thousands of tiny fish, including baby pipefish.

(((kevin)))

Thanks Kevin!

Besides the big wolf eels and sheephead, we didn't see too many fish yesterday, though I have been noticing a a lot of bigger vermillions out lately.

One thing's for sure though, the kelp is really coming back, fast! I can't wait to see what it's like this time next month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom