Victoria's latest wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkH

Contributor
Reaction score
This barge went up on the rocks in Enterprise Channel on New Year's Eve. The tug apparently lost it in 30 knot winds. It's supposedly full of bags of cement and it's also full of water from the rocks pounding holes in the bottom. They've been trying to pull it off for the last few days. Where it's sitting is on a shallow ledge right above the colourful little wall/canyon area that I occasionally visit at McMicking Point: index
These photos are from Jan. 2:
IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

Umm, where is your snow:confused::confused::confused:

We are snowed in here on the mainland (Vancouver area) and there is no sign of snow in your pictures, wow.

Nice pictures though and we can only hope that they turn it into a wreck.

Umm, where is your snow:confused::confused::confused:

We are snowed in here on the mainland (Vancouver area) and there is no sign of snow in your pictures, wow.

Nice pictures though and we can only hope that they turn it into a wreck.

Snow? Is that that white stuff you see in movies? No, no snow here.
I'm pretty sure they'll get that wreck off the rocks somehow even if they have to pull it off in pieces. The locals are already raising a fuss about their obstructed view. If somehow, the salvors did give up and leave it and the waves knocked it off the ledge, it would still only be about 30-40 feet deep which would barely cover it. So assuming they pull it off the rocks and tow it away, I'd be interested to see how they keep it afloat long enough to bring it somewhere.

Geez, I hope they're not making a mess of one of your favored dive sites.

I'd be interested to know if you think they did any significant damage to the area.

hopefully they get the bags out before it goes down for good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom