Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to McKenzie Bight again this afternoon and the vis wasn't as good as on my previous dives. I went down one of the trails that are closer to the parking area than the one people normally go to. Vis was 2-3 feet from the surface to 20 feet deep. From there it started to clear and by the time I reached 100 feet vis was around 40-50 feet. Not bad, but not as great as before. I swam out and to the left and eventually met up with the cloud sponge from the farther entry point.

swankenstein:
I went down one of the trails that are closer to the parking area than the one people normally go to.

I use that trail. Does this mean I'm abnormal?

SeanQ:
I use that trail. Does this mean I'm abnormal?
So you're the one leaving all that poo! Eventually that trail is going to turn into a slip-and-slide (remember those?). Seriously, when I breathe through my mouth there, I can taste it. The trail I used is about 3 paces past the little creek that goes under the main trail through a culvert (next to the waterfall that dries up in summer). Most people use the trail (called #1?) farther down around the corner. I won't bother going here again. The farther trail (#1?) drops away quicker and there is a bit more life. I think next time I'll go to the popular entry point and swim out to the left (I always go to the right).

swankenstein:
I went to McKenzie Bight again this afternoon and the vis wasn't as good as on my previous dives. I went down one of the trails that are closer to the parking area than the one people normally go to. Vis was 2-3 feet from the surface to 20 feet deep. From there it started to clear and by the time I reached 100 feet vis was around 40-50 feet. Not bad, but not as great as before. I swam out and to the left and eventually met up with the cloud sponge from the farther entry point.

Thanks for the update Mark, myself and wedivebc are planning a deep dive there on thursday hopefully the viz doesn't get worse. The last thing I want is to carry my double down the trail to do a dive in the mock, my fingers are crossed for some good viz.

Al

Hyper-limits:
Thanks for the update Mark, myself and wedivebc are planning a deep dive there on thursday hopefully the viz doesn't get worse. The last thing I want is to carry my double down the trail to do a dive in the mock, my fingers are crossed for some good viz.

Al
It should be fine below 50 feet or so. It was still pretty good when I went. I guess I was spoiled all week.

Myself and wedivebc did a technical dive yesterday at Mckenzie bight, the viz was 10ft at best between 0 and 40ft. Under 40ft it clear to a range of 50ft, the mock at the surface cut down on a lot of light but where we were going there is no light anyway, the surface temp was perfect for the long deco stop. Overall a good dive just make sure you take a light with you if you are diving in the inlet.

Cheers

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom