Veteran's Admin. Money for Dive Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aujax

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if you cna get money from the Veteran's Administration for dive training outside of a dive school? My dad is a vet with total and permanent disability and they told me at Pro Dive that the VA would give me about $1500. But Pro Dive is still kind of expensive and I'd rather do it through dive shops. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
au

Last time I checked, Federal VA education benefits go only to the actual veteran, not their children. They are talking about making it transferrable, but to my knowledge (and I read the Army Times weekly), it has not happened.

In any event, the school would have to be accredited, someone else has mentioned a list of approved schools. But I would investigate your eligibility for education benifits based upon your fathers service first.

There may be some education benifits for the child of a 100% disabled Vet. I know the state of CA does offer education benefits for disabled vets kids ( my went to college on this).

You need to call your nearest V/A center
Better yet, look in the phone book under your local county listings; most will have a "Veteran's Service Officer" or the like. They'll be up on all the latest info & programs.
Getting through to anyone in the VA on the phone can be a very daunting task.

I had a meeting today with a VA rep who helped us get monthly benefits for Beasts dad who's in an assisted living home. I didn't even know that was available. It sure will make writing that check every month alot easier!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom