Very Valuable info on Camera Housing leaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canon advised me today it will cost me 12,000 to replace the mainboard, LCD, battery box and 3-4 weeks to repair. This is a relief for me as I was expecting the cost of a new camera already. Perhaps part of gear kit should be a tupperware box to fit your camera and a bottle of alcohol. Upon flooding, disassemble the main body and soak the inner body where the circuits are mounted for few minutes and air dry. This way all saltwater hopefully will be eliminated and stop the corrosion process to minize further damage. And most important, remove the battery and memory card immediately to dispel any shorted circuits.

By the way, it was a Canon G10 that I last flooded on my 1st dive of the 1st day of 6 days dive holidays vacation in Sabang, Puerto Galera. I comandeered my daughter's IXUS 750 for the rest of the stay. Inviting you all to view my photos at

Picasa Web Albums - prandyulo - Sabang 2009

hi. since the G11 is already coming out or is already out, maybe you can get a new G10 at around the same price in a few months from HK or bangkok.

when my oly sp-550 flooded, i was able to buy an oly sp-560 that uses the same housing for equivalent of 13k from HK since the sp 570 was already out. latest models usually sell for around 25-30k. price range is same as that of canon G series.

it was even cheaper in BKK. i got G10 with housing for a friend for 29k or 30k pesos i think. sometime march or may last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom