Very strange thread -- would you dive with me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd love to :D
Frank

Ah Frank, you're just trying to get customers...lol......How's the move been?, ya'll liking it there permanently?

Yes, I would love to dive with you. I always enjoy reading your posts. I also appreciate all the information you gave me when I PMed you. And if you every come to FL maybe we can.

And I'm mulling over a new avatar . . . although I'll sniff goodbye to the Borg Queen. Even my scooter is named after her!

I like your avatar and I like your tag for it. I remember when you changed it and how you evolved in your diving style (but I never held it against you:rofl3:) and I think it is quite funny...if one gets the joke. I hope you had a good dive and trust me, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I would take you up on your offer to see all the critters. Your post a while back about floating weightless above the grass and slowly seeing all the critters really piqued my interest.

And I'm mulling over a new avatar . . . although I'll sniff goodbye to the Borg Queen. Even my scooter is named after her!

Lynne - leave the av the way it is. Well, of course you can make seasonal accommodations, like the twinkling Christmas tree lights.......

And don't take the bitching too seriously. That's all I have to say about that.

DC

Perhaps we should all switch to Little Mermaid or Hello Kitty avatars so we don't intimidate anyone in the future....ooohhhhh, maybe bunnies.....

Hello Kitty? You can not be serious!

I mean, that's already being used, right?

DC

Hello Kitty? You can not be serious!

I mean, that's already being used, right?

DC

Why would anybody want to use Hello Kitty as their Av? :whistling:

fyk.dvrdhtezw8gswgsko8cg808c4.ap2qhjyqp08cgc0c80ss4cco4.th.jpeg

[Spousal unit checking in]

Very interesting thread -- ESPECIALLY the thoughts about the screen name!

Back to the OP's original question -- Would I dive with her? ONLY IF she allows me to dive "My Way" and agrees NOT to write about it on SB! (Or tonight, whichever comes first.)

Very scary. . . diving with and experienced, diver that has adopted, equipment that's not approved by a majority of ScubaBoard. Not trained and patched for everything she's done. Not following the "correct" for the day dive plan. To think she would go out and dive for fun near her home, and not wait for once a year travel, and dive under the control of a Dive Master.

I too have been told some people are afraid to dive with me. . . I'm known for the experience in our local waters. . . and therefor must be diving deeper and scary places. My answer was to draw maps of the easy shore entry places for beginning divers, then meet divers at the locations and ask to join them. . . When they don't know me, they don't fear I'll be critical of them. Face to Face, I usually calm their fears I'll criticize their inexperience.

Congratulations, "spousal unit" for keeping your own diving style, with the pressure from the "princess".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom