Very dangerous experience - advice please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After reading this whole thread I must say I am a little concerned. I got my scuba certification in a Cracker Jack box. Does that mean I am not really certified????

After reading this whole thread I must say I am a little concerned. I got my scuba certification in a Cracker Jack box. Does that mean I am not really certified????

Apparently not! If you were really certified, you'd know that you're supoposed to dive underwater and not down the side of a mountain.:wink:

You know what they call a person who can only speak one language? American. :blush:
Nice one! :wink: Though we Brits are equal sufferers of the 'everyone speaks Ingrish so we don't need to learn another language' syndrome.

This guy would have gotten a serious arse kickin from me. What he did is endanger your life and that of your boyfriend. Agency stuff is agency stuff, and I'm sure they will sort out the credentials. But, when someone blatently shows disregard for my life and those that I love, they are going down the path of 'ditch candidate'. If that sounds harsh, too bad. I'm really glad you came through it OK. You did yourself and BF right. Good job. The instructor is a predator of sorts, and needs to be caged.

Thanks for the responses :)
Good news though, we have almost finished the theory part of our course with the new diving school (who are great!) and bf is doing really well :) we're almost ready to do our cert dives!

I'm glad to hear that things are working out for you. Let us know how your cert dives go!

That's an incredible story - I was glued to my computer. I'm so impressed with both of you and thankful that you made it out without a disaster. I sincerely hope that you carry on, get some proper training and get to finally enjoy something you've been looking forward to for years.

I know you must be scared (especially your boyfriend!) right now, but if you can get through that experience you can CERTAINLY get through a properly taught course - good luck!

Amazing story, and how scary!

Please do return to tell us what the outcome of your complaint is. I am very interested in finding out how such matters are addressed and ultimately resolved!

So glad you kept on going and actually enjoying your new instruction. Your boyfriend is lucky to have you!

Frightening story. The "instructor" should be put behind bars. I'm not an attorney and I don't know how the courts work in Colombia but it sounds like attempted homicide or negligence that could have caused serious permanent injury or death. I hope he spends a long time in a really dirty place wearing orange pijamas and shackled hand and foot.

Back
Top Bottom