Vertigo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oop's,I guess I'll have to start paying attention to time and dates of post,some newbs just don't learn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternobaric vertigo is a fancy way of saying that you can experience vertigo if one ear equalizes and the other doesn't. The ears experience different pressures resulting in an upset to your balance and a sense of vertigo and or spinning. It is fairly common.

I suddenly started having this last year. It always occurred to me when I dropped like a stone on deep wrecks, trying to maximise my bottom time. It really frightened me and got my attention. I had that "impending doom" sensation and when I ascended and hung on the line at 70 ft or so, it would subside. I started discreetly confiding in Instructor types (thinking I had a brain tumor or something) and several said "oh, yea, I get that sometimes too." So, I started descending at a more normal pace and it went away.

PS I like old threads when the new ones get old.

heliflyer:
oop's,I guess I'll have to start paying attention to time and dates of post,some newbs just don't learn

Don't worry about it, we can all learn something from rereading old posts. We actually have a few people here who resurrect old posts like this just trying to pull people in...*cough*dlndavid*cough*...., so I've gotten to where I always check.

:paranoid: No, I'm not paranoid, why do you ask?...LOL. :sofa:

I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of widths...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom