Versa Pro download problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So does anyone from Oceanic read threads in there own forum????

The problem I see is that Doug Krause is a marketing guy and what we need here most of the time is a technical guy.... :confused:

Jeff - You should let Bill see if he can get the data out. I see him posting on the ScuBase user group from time to time (an alternate dive logging program) and he seems to know what he's doing :)

The problem I see is that Doug Krause is a marketing guy and what we need here most of the time is a technical guy.... :confused:

Jeff - You should let Bill see if he can get the data out. I see him posting on the ScuBase user group from time to time (an alternate dive logging program) and he seems to know what he's doing :)

Bill has the downloads so we will see what he comes up with.

I called tech support they were no help at all. He told me a cell phone must have corrupted the data. Ya none of the dives that were in gauge mode will download on either computer.

I'm working on it.
Funny thing is the first time I tried to parse the data, my application barfed.
(Perhaps it is related to gauge mode - I've not parsed any data in gauge mode yet)
I ran into an unexpected bit in the profile data. It was a bit that I should have been masking
but wasn't. I fixed that but am still working on correctly parsing all the data.

Sent a few more questions to Jeff. So far it still looks hopeful.

--- bill

A bit of an update.
While there is some information and data formats I didn't expect in the profile data,
the memory inside the computers does not look corrupted.
In fact, I've been able to successfully fully extract the dive profiles for the 2 most recent
dives on both computers. (which are the ones of interest right now)
Graphs of those profiles were posted on JT's thread over in the Tech Diving Specialites forum.

I've got some additional questions for JT, but I'm confident we'll be able to
get the dive profile data to DAN.

As far as downloading from OceanLog goes, I think there may be an error in the
OceanLog PC s/w when downloading VersaPro in Gauge mode.

Doug, PM me or give me a call and I'll fill you on what I think the problem is.
If it is what I think it is, it is a very simple fix.

--- bill

A bit of an update.
While there is some information and data formats I didn't expect in the profile data,
the memory inside the computers does not look corrupted.
In fact, I've been able to successfully fully extract the dive profiles for the 2 most recent
dives on both computers. (which are the ones of interest right now)
Graphs of those profiles were posted on JT's thread over in the Tech Diving Specialites forum.

I've got some additional questions for JT, but I'm confident we'll be able to
get the dive profile data to DAN.

As far as downloading from OceanLog goes, I think there may be an error in the
OceanLog PC s/w when downloading VersaPro in Gauge mode.

Doug, PM me or give me a call and I'll fill you on what I think the problem is.
If it is what I think it is, it is a very simple fix.

--- bill

Bill,

I run my Versa Pro in gauge mode frequently and have never had any issue downloading the data. I still use OceanLog 1.X serial version if that makes any difference though.

Bill,

I run my Versa Pro in gauge mode frequently and have never had any issue downloading the data. I still use OceanLog 1.X serial version if that makes any difference though.

Very interesting.
There is a big difference between the 1.x and 2.x OceanLog software
especially in the GUI. Under the hood,
the 2 versions talk the computers slightly differently as well as track slightly
different data.

This would seem to support the possibility of there being a s/w download issue in
the current 2.x version of OceanLog.

--- bill

Very interesting.
There is a big difference between the 1.x and 2.x OceanLog software
especially in the GUI. Under the hood,
the 2 versions talk the computers slightly differently as well as track slightly
different data.

This would seem to support the possibility of there being a s/w download issue in
the current 2.x version of OceanLog.

--- bill

Hmmm, I couldn't see spending another $100 to buy the USB cable and I was always of the understanding the 2.x SW would only support the USB connection.
And since I use Scubase, any upgrades to their program made little difference to me.

Money well saved if there's truly a glitch downloading gauge mode data. :wink:

So can I use the old version with the USB cable? If so where can I find the old software?

Thanks
JT

So can I use the old version with the USB cable? If so where can I find the old software?

Thanks
JT

Someone from Oceanic will need to answer that question regarding if SW 1.x will support USB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom