veo computer problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awthacker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
[EMBED]I have the Veo 180Nx model. Serial number 012 467 r2A. The computer shut down on me after dive 2 of 4 last weekend. It was a low battery condition. So I bought a new battery. When I opened the battery compartment, it was obvious that some moisture had gotten inside due to signs of corrosion. I cleaned it up with a nylon brush and soft cloth and hoped for the best.

Now, when the new battery is installed, the computer runs through countdown from 9 to 0, then displays the serial number. I can't get off of this serial number display. The manual says that if you hold the button upon initial power-up, the serial number is displayed after the countdown. So my intuition says that the computer thinks I am holding the button down. My assumption is that there is some salt or moisture making contact inside, and the computer thinks the button is depressed. Any recommendations on what to do here (i.e.: throw away, spray with silicon, etc.) I am looking for a solution that does not involve sending it to the factory, if possible.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron[/EMBED]

Back
Top Bottom