VEO 250 Water in pressure guage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robertp33

Reaction score
Hi.

I got water in the pressure guage. Can I replace this myself or should I send it in? IF I need to send it in, where do I send it? The Oceanic website is very specific about using a local dealer (over 20 miles from my home) and not looking to take repairs.

Thanks for your help.

You mean water in the SPG that's part of your Veo 250 console?

You may be SOL as far as warranty... water in an SPG often means that water had gotten inside of your first stage, and that's usually "operator error"... like soaking without the dust cover on...

You can definitely replace it yourself, and it doesn't have to be an Oceanic SPG. The diameter of the gauge just has to be correct for your console boot.

Oh... in any case, and particularly if it was salt water, you should have your first stage serviced too.

This unit is out of warranty - I have had it for about 5 years.

I have a quick connect on it and I mistakenly disconnected it from the hose and threw it in a fresh water rinse tank. Yes, operator error.

Since on the VEO 250 the pressure gauge is a separate unit from the dive computer itself, the dive computer is unaffected. I need to replace the pressure gauge.

I would not want to do it myself unless there are clear instructions. Looks like I could do it, but it would be my first try and I would rather leave it to someone who has done it before and is certified.

So my question remains - where do I send it?

Thanks

If it's on a console, it's only a single allen head screw that holds the entire thing together.

Remove the screw. Pull the plastic console parts away from the SPG (2 piece part). The computer is not integrated into the air hose in any fashion. Additionally, there is no need to remove the plastic console housing from around the computer. Basically, the allen screw holds the computer and SPG together).

With a wrench, remove the SPG from the hose. Replace said SPG with a new one. Install back into console housing along with the computer. Re-install the allen screw. Viola.

All in all, it should take you 7 minutes to do.

All in all, it should take you 7 minutes to do.

Yeah, I'm not familiar with quick disconnects, but that's what I was thinking too. If the OP has ever used a hand tool, then this is certainly easily doable -- no need to send the thing out anywhere.

If the Oceanic quick disconnect itself is like this:
Quick Disconnect Assembly for all Gauges
or this:
Quick Disconnect for Oceanic Pro Plus, Versa Pro & Aeris Atmos AI, Atmos 2,
then I don't even see any mention of an allen screw. The appropriate part would just screw onto the hose and the new SPG you'll need.

There are going to be o-rings involved, so as usual don't over-tighten -- finger tight, and then maybe a quarter-turn with a wrench.

I have had my spg out of the console of the Veo 250, no problem. Very easy. If you don't want to do it yourself, take it the the LDS and let them do it. There is no need to send it in, just need the right SPG to fit in the console.

I should have stated that I didn't have the QD on mine, but I can't imagine that it's much different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom