VEO 2 Auto off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectre184

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know the computer will turn off after 2 hours of inactivity. I went diving Saturday (August 2nd) and rinsed gear off on Sunday. My computer stil hasn't shut off even after the no fly time has expired. It displays surface mode and the top display counts to 2 hours (I think) and then I hear beep and it resets and timer starts again. The computer is dry as far as I can tell. Not sure where the sensor is to detect for water on. I have searched interweb but haven't found anything. Any ideas as I dont ever recall it doing this before.

Thanks,

Matt

I have a VEO 2.0 - if you do not dive or get it wet the Veo will turn off in 2 hours. If you dive or get it wet (activation) it takes at least 24 hours after the dive or after it is wet for it to turn off - it does this so it will count your next dive within a 24 hour period as a multi-dive. Should be fine - check it and see. Does that help? Keep it dry for now and check later today or tomorrow - should be fine.

found this - may help...

[h=2]How do I shut off my dive computer?[/h] 8/31/11
By Oceanic Worldwide
Our dive computers are designed to automatically turn off 2 hours after activated if they are not dove. No manual shut down feature is available or needed.
Once the dive computer is taken to a depth of 5’ to 8’ and enters dive mode, it will remain on for 24 hours from the time the last dive was completed. After 2 hours the computer will enter sleep mode to reduce the power requirements. However, it will still monitor the oxygen and nitrogen loading, as well as display the saturation time and time to fly for 24 hours.

Thanks but computer hasn't been wet since I washed it Sunday and here it's Wednesday and it's still on. I've looked at log to record but it should have turned off by now

What I might try if it was mine - I might use the tool they sent with it and pop out the battery, wait and put it back in - if your willing - directions are in the box. I might check to make sure the buttons are not depressed - you can press the buttons and they pop back up (I know probably obvious). Or talk to the folks you bought it from Online or LDS... ask them what they think... This has not happened to me yet - so I am not sure I have an answer...

It finally shut off. I went in and turned WET ON to OFF. I'm wondering if there was some residual water somewhere inside keeping it on. I dried the computer differenlty as I'm not home but I thought it wouldve been dry by then. I'll wait till I go diving next and turn WET mode back to ON and see if it happens again when I dry gear like I normally do.

As a general rule of mine, the first thing I turn to OFF on a new dive computer are deep stops and H2O activation. I only dive Nitrox so I have to turn it on to set my mix anyways.

Back
Top Bottom