VEO 100 vs VEO 180 vs VEO 180 NX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Granny Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
1. Is the VEO 180 NX the same as the VEO 180?
It looks like the plain VEO 180 is Nitrox Compatabile. I am begining to wonder if its the same model and some stores just add or drop the suffix

2. How long has the VEO 180 been on the market? I am wondering if it is about to be outdated?

3. There is a big price difference in the VEO180 and the VEO250, so I am thinking the VEO 180 has everything I need. Am I looking at this correctly. Any and all opinions and suggestions much appreciated.

VEO 180 NX

It looks like the plain VEO 180 is Nitrox Compatabile. I am begining to wonder if its the same model and some stores just add or drop the suffix

2. How long has the VEO 180 been on the market? I am wondering if it is about to be outdated?

3. There is a big price difference in the VEO180 and the VEO250, so I am thinking the VEO 180 has everything I need. Am I looking at this correctly. Any and all opinions and suggestions much appreciated.

VEO 180 NX

I posted on your other post about the veos.

VEO 180 NX

I have the same question.
I see Oceanic VEO 180 advertised for $200 at Scuba Quest Florida but it does not have NX appended yet in the description it does say:

Air or Nitrox
The Veo 180 acts simply as an ‘Air’ computer until you tell it otherwise, whether that is this weekend or 2 years down the road. As your training and experience grow, the Veo 100 is designed to grow with you, being easily programmed for Nitrox mixtures from 21% to 50%.

I am not sure what Bazooka Joe's post meant :)

Oh I see what Bazooka Joe's post meant now... as you can see, I am new to posting...
I saw the response in the other thread...

Thanks

3. There is a big price difference in the VEO180 and the VEO250, so I am thinking the VEO 180 has everything I need. Am I looking at this correctly. Any and all opinions and suggestions much appreciated.VEO 180 NX

1. The 180 and 180 NX are the same - NX gets dropped from the description by some.
2. The Veo 180 has been in production for several years... you will see the evolution of the Veo family over the next several months... however, the 180 will remain available through a number of dealers, and will maintain a unique set of features in a single button unit (backlight, PC interface, audible alarms).
3. The Veo 250 includes a simulator - and, with 2 buttons, an improved user interface - and several additional custom settings and alarms.

Thanks Doug....So...Doug,
Can you answer the other question about the 100NX and 180 floating around.
Some say the 100NX is better than the 180, and thats why the 100 is still in production (or so that is what was said on the other thread) but it appears to me that the 180 has more bells and whistles.

My question was is why are they discontinuing the 180, but keeping the 100NX? The poster named OK said that the 100nx can grow with you because it is easily programmed for Nitrox mixtures from 21% to 50%. This makes sense, however one of the charts shows that the 180 can do that also. Is there any other advantage to the 100NX that I am not seeing.

p.s. ...just curiosity...because I have (3) Veo 180s being delivered today

Thanks Doug....So...Doug,
Can you answer the other question about the 100NX and 180 floating around.
Some say the 100NX is better than the 180, and thats why the 100 is still in production (or so that is what was said on the other thread) but it appears to me that the 180 has more bells and whistles.

The 180 does everything that the 100 NX does - with the addition of audible alarm, pc interface and backlighting.

My question was is why are they discontinuing the 180, but keeping the 100NX? The poster named OK said that the 100nx can grow with you because it is easily programmed for Nitrox mixtures from 21% to 50%. This makes sense, however one of the charts shows that the 180 can do that also. Is there any other advantage to the 100NX that I am not seeing.y[/QUOTE]

Between now and the end of the year... you will see us introduce the Veo 1.0, Veo 2.0 and Veo 3.0. The Veo 100, the Veo 100 NX and the Veo 180 may also remain as training, rental or entry level price point options -

Is there a software that will interface with veo 100 (not nx)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom