VEO 100 functions do not match the manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svracing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone. I picked up a used Oceanic VEO 100. needed a new battery and was ready to dive. I have 10 or so dives on it and am happy with the results. Very good entry level computer in my entry level diver opinion :)

My question is regarding the user changeable menus. I can set the time, but there is no date option. I read and re-read the manual and cycled through a bunch of times, but I can't get it to set any date. It cycles from the std/metric -> time -> "PC" and a countdown. I am guessing that "PC" and the countdown is a clear memory function?

Anybody else run into not being able to set or display the date?

James
Hayward, CA

Hmmm, that's interesting... I've got an old yellow VEO 100 that I keep as a back-up, dating from like 2004. It does (or rather doesn't) the same as yours. Doesn't allow me to set or display the date, although time is there. Scrolls straight from setting time, to PC mode; and then to H2O activation, and then exits set mode.

I looked up the VEO 100 manual on the Oceanic web site (http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/pdf/12-2373-r03.pdf), and it does show date after time; then goes to gauge mode, then H2O activation, then PC mode.

I suspect they changed the VEO 100 later in its life to add the additional functions. You and I must have the earlier version. That means, when you go to logbook mode, you just have to judge which dive was the 1st previous, 2nd previous, etc., by the times of day; no date to help you.

I understand the PC mode has to do with synching the dive computer to a PC or laptop for downloading log data. I don't use the download function, so I just ignore that.

I must still have the original hard-copy manual I got with my VEO 100 somewhere. I can dig for it if it will help...

Thanks for the fast feedback! No need to hunt the manual down. I will just pay attention to the time of dives. Also, use it for a reason to stash $ away for an upgrade down the road.

Can't help you with the date but the current Veo 100 manual states the following for "PC mode'"

PC INTERFACE
PC Interface is not a setting or user function. It is included in the
Set menu for easy access by the factory when calibrating the Veo
100 module prior to shipping.

OK, this gets weirder. I finally found my VEO 100 manual, at the bottom of the third dive bag I checked. :D It's identical to the online manual, to include the document number and date on the back cover.

And it shows date and gauge mode, neither of which are on my VEO 100.

We used to have two VEO 100's, before I sold one when going to nitrox. Only thing I can think of is that I was left with a older version of the VEO 100 (like you), but this manual is from the (newer?) one I sold...

Can't help you with the date but the current Veo 100 manual states the following for "PC mode'"

PC INTERFACE
PC Interface is not a setting or user function. It is included in the
Set menu for easy access by the factory when calibrating the Veo
100 module prior to shipping.

Hmmm, you're right, that is what it says in my VEO 100 manual too.

But in manuals for more-recent computers, like the 180Nx, it says that "PC Interface is not a setting, it is included in the Set menu for easy access when data in the Veo 180Nx's memory is to be downloaded (copied) to the PC download software program for storage and viewing."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom