Venture Heat - Buyer Beware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a friend looking to buy his wife a heated vest. What other brands/vendors are there?
Other ones that I have found: Santi, Thermalution, Electracore (Europe) but do not have any experience with them. Thermalution seems to have some good reviews.

If Venture Heat worked, or had some level of support, it would be a great product as I enjoyed using it and it definitely kept you warm.

Thermolution is trash. 6 out of 7 vests that locals bought have stopped working inside of 2 years.
The company is out of business.

Ventures my not offer any support, but they are 1/2 the cost of a typical canister/vest setup as well..

Thermolution is trash. 6 out of 7 vests that locals bought have stopped working inside of 2 years.

*knocks on wood*
I've been lucky, I bought a used one about four years ago, and it is still working.

Also apparently they are back in business.

Ventures my not offer any support, but they are 1/2 the cost of a typical canister/vest setup as well..
Thanks, good to know. The failure rate with Venture Heat out of my LDS has been dismal as well - remotes not syncing, batteries need replacing and "it just does not work anymore". There is a new VH rep out west and I am trying to get a hold of them.

*knocks on wood*
I've been lucky, I bought a used one about four years ago, and it is still working.

Also apparently they are back in business.
Please elaborate on where to find them. Is there an active business and distribution or just old stock floating around?

I really like my 2 thermolution vests, they work great and have been reliable. I have had mine since at least 2018 and have done hundreds of dives with them. No issues. But they are getting old and would be happy to learn if they are still available for eventual replacement.

I am sure some people have had problems with them, but that is true of any product. Especially a garment that is prone to abuse. Take very good care of these and they can last a long time. Careful and gentle rinsing and careful storage and regular battery charging.

Please elaborate on where to find them. Is there an active business and distribution or just old stock floating around?

Appears to be active
USA - website sucks but appears to be based out of your neck of the woods in WA.

EU

They have a new battery options, so I don't think it is NOS. Obviously I haven't purchased one myself, but I am happy to see them around as I am less worried about wearing out my batteries.

ETA:
This was their old US distributor, based out of NC.

Appears to be active
USA - website sucks

EU

They have a new battery options, so I don't think it is NOS. Obviously I haven't purchased one myself, but I am happy to see them around as I am less worried about wearing out my batteries.

ETA:
This was their old US distributor.

I've seen that website, but it does look a bit sparse or half-assed. The dealer network does not include the US, but does list canadian dive shops.

Has anyone bought or communicated regarding a Thermolution vest since 2022 or 2023? I guess I want to see proof of life! :)

I've seen that website, but it does look a bit sparse or half-assed. The dealer network does not include the US, but does list canadian dive shops.

There is a phone number, you can give them a call.

There is a phone number, you can give them a call.

Yes, and I will send an email to a listed canadian dealer. But I really want to hear from somebody who actually received a new product from them.

Back
Top Bottom