Venture Heat - Buyer Beware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the opportunity to try out a buddies V3 drysuit vest on Sat under my Halo 3D. That was amazing. It definitely has me wanting to get one.

I would be all for a group buy.
Yes, the heated vest is great until it stops working. Be sure to get a heated vest from a company that truly stands behind their products as I have experienced that Venture Heat does not.

Yes, the heated vest is great until it stops working. Be sure to get a heated vest from a company that truly stands behind their products as I have experienced that Venture Heat does not.
I read through this thread I couldn't find which version vest you have?

I am hoping that you can get some type of repair through Addheat?

I read through this thread I couldn't find which version vest you have?

I am hoping that you can get some type of repair through Addheat?
VentureHeat Model V3 (I believe). It is for their dive dual battery remote control heated vest.

VentureHeat Model V3 (I believe). It is for their dive dual battery remote control heated vest.
Yeah that's the one I tried. It worked so it was awesome.

Have you reached out to Addheat? Any response? I really do think it's a shame that you've hit a brick wall, I see and hear more and more people jumping on this wagon. Would be nice to have a solution for when this happens because it's bound to happen.

Yeah that's the one I tried. It worked so it was awesome.

Have you reached out to Addheat? Any response? I really do think it's a shame that you've hit a brick wall, I see and hear more and more people jumping on this wagon. Would be nice to have a solution for when this happens because it's bound to happen.
It looks like they are indeed the company that makes the Venture Heat vests. I have just sent them an email with details asking for repair help. I will reply again with their response.

It looks like they are indeed the company that makes the Venture Heat vests. I have just sent them an email with details asking for repair help. I will reply again with their response.
After the initial response from Addheat that they would followup up with me- there has been no response back at all.
Disappointing.
I have a non functional vest with 2 good batteries if anyone wants it for parts- make an offer.

After the initial response from Addheat that they would followup up with me- there has been no response back at all.
Disappointing.
I have a non functional vest with 2 good batteries if anyone wants it for parts- make an offer.
Have you by any chance tried calling? It seems like with a lot of companies over the last few years you're way better off calling than emailing.

Also, are you sure this is V3 and not V2? Any pics?

Have you by any chance tried calling? It seems like with a lot of companies over the last few years you're way better off calling than emailing.

Also, are you sure this is V3 and not V2? Any pics?
Not sure- but here are pics with all labels. Note- There are 2 batteries

Attachments

• Venture Heat Vest label.jpg
    Venture Heat Vest label.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 55
  • Venture heat remote.jpg
    Venture heat remote.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Venture heat remote- back.jpg
    Venture heat remote- back.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Venture Heat components.jpg
    Venture Heat components.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Venture Heat Battery.jpg
    Venture Heat Battery.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 55
Not sure- but here are pics with all labels. Note- There are 2 batteries

That is a V2. I've only ever had the opportunity to play with a V3 on a few dives. The batteries are shorter, fatter, and the connectors don't have those springs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom