Venture Heat - Buyer Beware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one and although it works well I don’t think I would suggest anyone buy one,you would probably be better off with layers.

something to aware of with any small speciality manufacturer, they can just disappear in a moments notice of course this can also happen with some of the big names too.
I have one of their vests and would never part with it.

I have one of their vests and would never part with it.
I too but what will you do if it parts with you?

I had an issue with the remote, had to mail it and the vest back to get them to replace the remote, so far with the exception of it no longer giving the vibration signal it’s working fine.

That is disappointing to read. I have both the Thermalution Yellow Plus and the new VentureHeat vest. Both are working fine but of course, anything can break down a may need service or parts replacement. The Thermalution closed down so that's dead end product. VentureHeat has a mysterious out-of-stock situation for about 2 years and now they came out with a redesigned version with different batteries. On the website I don't even see availability of replacement batteries or the remote control and the batteries have a finite lifetime.

I know this is an old post but maybe the actual chinese maker of the vest (venture heat is just a middle man) can help. the US rep is very quick to respind to emails.

Add Heat

Do you have contact info, link perhaps?

I think it routes your email via ip location.

I think it routes your email via ip location.
Cool, thank you, maybe we should all get together for a group order, the heater base layer looks like a worthy addition.

Do you have contact info, link perhaps?
VentureHeat is definitely a middle man. They have directly told me so. To reiterate what I have stated is that VentureHeat promotes themselves to be a quality product and leaders in the industry for trust and quality. I guess that is true until the sale is done, then except for the 1 year warranty period, you have a disposable product.

Here is what I’m looking for as a drysuit base

I’m going to contact them and get more info and see about some sort of dive compatible controller, something like a full power on/off switch that can be actuated with a simple push through the suit.

I had the opportunity to try out a buddies V3 drysuit vest on Sat under my Halo 3D. That was amazing. It definitely has me wanting to get one.

I would be all for a group buy.

Back
Top Bottom