Ventura Area Dive Boat Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're right most of the sites the Spectre hits are a little shallow around 25 to 35 fsw but most of the critters are in that area. Tim sorry I missed you I was on the Spectre Sun the 12th maybe next time.

John

1. Peace
2. Spectre
3. Explorer
4. Raptor

I prefer the Raptor in the winter at times just because it's fast in and fast out. During the summer when it's warmer, I like to be able to sunbath a bit and that's where the other big boats come in.

The Peace has the most awesomest ever galley cook AND the hot tub. The Spectre has hot tub and the grub is good but unremarkable. The Explorer has good grubs but no hot tub. I have yet to be mistreated by any of the crew or have seen them put the boat and its occupants in any danger, so I can't say which boat has a better crew.

I'm another fan of the Peace. I've been on the boat numerous times and each time has been an amazing experience. The crew is top notch even in the most challenging of conditions. Peronally I've never been on the explorer so can't comment on that one. The Spectre is a great boat if you're straight out of OW and want to get acclimated to diving. I would never recommend to anyone to ever go on the Raptor, ever. Yes it is fast but if there is even the slightest swell it's the most uncomfortable ride imaginable. Primarily it has to do with the construction materials used in the hull and the captain hitting it at full throttle all the time. One reason why the Peace is so comfortable is because of the beam, I think it's 25' wide which makes it much more stable.

I tried the Conception out of Santa Barbara a few months ago and was blown away. It's a very well run op. Capt'n Jerry and his crew were all on point and the amenities were abundant.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom