Venice Diver Death?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2TH DIVR

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Was in Fl. West this afternoon and was told a diver had a heart attack and died while diving by Sharky's this morning.
That's all known at this time.
Tring to find more info.

I heard that on the news and of course the location was different , they said it was located behind coast guard auxilary , somewhat north of the pear. Either way pray for his family in this time of there grief.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Scuba diver dies in Venice

VENICE - A Suncoast scuba diver died on Monday at a beach in Venice.

Venice Police say 47-year-old Alex Phillips was scuba diving on a beach behind the Coast Guard Station around 11:30 AM when he became distressed. Witnesses pulled him from the water, and paramedics tried to revive him, but couldn't.

Authorities day the cause of death was a massive heart attack.

I just heard about it today.

I have been working with Alex for the last 5 yrs. He was a very happy and funny person and very good at his job. I was just joking with him prior to the holidays, as he liked to tease me about not being able to dive with the cold weather up here.

He will be sorely missed.

MM1

MM1 - my condolences to you.. please feel free to pass on condolences to the famly and share with them responses from this thread as well.

CBulla:
MM1 - my condolences to you.. please feel free to pass on condolences to the famly and share with them responses from this thread as well.

MM1 - My prayers to you and the family...

Jean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom