Venice Dive 8/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there is a regulation that you can't spear within 100ft of a swimming beach

I believe it's 100 yards, not 100 feet. The blocks at alhambra are more than 100 yards offshore, but you might have a tough time if your shore diving, proving that you were more than 100 yards from the beach.

I believe it's 100 yards, not 100 feet. The blocks at alhambra are more than 100 yards offshore, but you might have a tough time if your shore diving, proving that you were more than 100 yards from the beach.

Yeah I wouldn't spearfish from the beach I'd do it from my boat. That would be one helluva swim with a buffet attached to me if I were to swim out from the beach to spearfish.

Oh yeah one other thing about the first dive we did today. You know you swam out too far when you come up to the surface after your dive and you are closer to the Aristakat than you are to shore. Jamie if I had seriously thought you would do it I would have swam to you for a ride to shore rather than swim all the way back in. LOL

Like NoPo said it was a nice day. We had a nice turn out. 6 of us. And Dkramer was in her lil yellow boat out there, and I know I seen some guys walk by with Depthfinder tanks lol. Lots of divers. I will be putting the pics on the pic page. Cub and I hit a sweet spot on the first dive. Didnt want to come up. We were finding lil ones by the hand full. The second time we thought we would try going north. Eww I dont like the blocks. The fun was being circled by the Amberjacks lol. They would circle around us so close u could feel the waves lol. Cub found some teeth I have no idea what they are. They look like sand tiger, but really thick on the root part and more of a grey color then black. I ll have the pic under the picture part. Help on id would be nice! But I m glad everyone came out. I hope I was a nice host to everyone lol.

Oh the depthfinders stickers probably were us! It was a nice day to be in the water wasn't it?

And u just walked past us without saying boo? I know I yelled heyas lol. Next time stop and say hi!

oh no we talked as we were going back in and you guys were getting ready to also..... but anyway it sure was a nice day to be out!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom