Venice Beach Sunday July 23 - Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I will be out at Alhambra on Sunday with LilTech and Walter.

Usual in the water time is 8:30AM (Even though we state 8:00AM)

Anyone want to join the fun?

Walter, remember the interesting tooth attached to the sign... I would have thought this was a keeper if we hadn't talked earlier...

http://www.aeliving.com/ebim/play.jpg

CoolTech:
I will be out at Alhambra on Sunday with LilTech and Walter.

Usual in the water time is 8:30AM (Even though we state 8:00AM)

Anyone want to join the fun?

Walter, remember the interesting tooth attached to the sign... I would have thought this was a keeper if we hadn't talked earlier...

Would y'all hang around until 9:00 so I can pick up a tank at Fla. Scuba? they don't open till then...Also, someone that would be willing to show a newbie the ropes...specifically someone to buddy with that's not afraid of a newbie:11:..

Steve

lol What's the serial number? I've got two of Bob's, the first one I found is 8" and looked like a foot under water.

CoolTech:

spschneer:
Would y'all hang around until 9:00 so I can pick up a tank at Fla. Scuba? they don't open till then...Also, someone that would be willing to show a newbie the ropes...specifically someone to buddy with that's not afraid of a newbie:11:..

Steve

If you don't already have one, when you're getting your tank, buy a fine mesh collection bag (the game bag most divers have won't work). By the time you get your tank, come to Alhambra and put your gear together, we'll be ready to get in on the second dive. We'll look forward to diving with you.

Walter:
If you don't already have one, when you're getting your tank, buy a fine mesh collection bag (the game bag most divers have won't work). By the time you get your tank, come to Alhambra and put your gear together, we'll be ready to get in on the second dive. We'll look forward to diving with you.

Thanks VERY much Walter...Look forward to seeing y'all there...

Steve

Major Thank You to Walter for teaching me the ropes of shark tooth diving at Venice Beach today...I had to pick up a tank at Fla. West Scuba on the way so I didn't get to Alhambra until 8:45 or so...Walter, CoolTech and Lil'Tech were already in the water and out finding teeth so I hung around and walked the beach while waiting for them to finish their first dive.

After they got done, we geared up, with me buddied up with Walter for his guided tour...after a minor bouyancy issue and correction, we were off and out to the hunting ground..

Walter showed me what to look for and he found one or two in just a few seconds...I looked around and, after a few minutes, I found my first tooth...from then on we swam around about a 200 square foot area and I found another 15 or so teeth:D (I think Walter's count on the second dive was way down from his normal 150 or so:11: because of his helping me)...

After a record dive time (for me anyway) of 61 minutes, we surfaced and headed back to the shoreline... I fell on my face due to the waves as I tried to exit:light:, but finally made it to shore and back to the cars. CoolTech and Lil'Tech surfaced around 10-15 minutes later and after we loaded up, we went to Pizza Hut for a reload of food, and wonderful tales of Walter's and John's experiences in diving...

Again, Thank you Walter:wave-smil, I had a balll....:chicken:

Steve

CoolTech:

Hey Cooltech glad to see you found the tooth I left for you,it was WAY to big for me to bring home,along with all the other stuff I collected during my stay,teeth ,t shirts,bbq all you can eat menu,s,etc.mmmmmmmmmmm more ribs for the young guy please waitress.
I also left a compass somewhere.Who needs them.

duncan1958:
CoolTech:

Hey Cooltech glad to see you found the tooth I left for you,it was WAY to big for me to bring home,along with all the other stuff I collected during my stay,teeth ,t shirts,bbq all you can eat menu,s,etc.mmmmmmmmmmm more ribs for the young guy please waitress.
I also left a compass somewhere.Who needs them.

Ah, we miss you, old man.

BUT, the tooth is a farse. When we arrived at Alhambra on Saturday there was a 12" Meg tooth on one of the reflector poles that mark the end of the road. Obvious art work to it.

Walter explained there is a local artist who casts them and plants them in the water. The tell-tale is that the back is flat. I happened upon the one in the picture and would have thought I had a great find, had I not listened to Walter before entering the water.

As it turns out... I feel it a badge of honor to find such a piece of art, and will mount it as such.

If it has a story, it's worth displaying! - me

It should have a serial number on the back, WC####. The WC stands for Water Closet productions. If you have the opportunity, the guy who makes them drives a diveyak with a wooden dolly with "Captain Morgan" on the side. Ask him about megs, he's a really nice guy, and has more megs than everyone else I know put together, and will give you some tips on finding them.

I've got 2220 and 2024

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom