Venice Beach Sunday 8/6?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just thinking about that this morning. I'll see if I can join you.

Hey guys, I'm new to the board. We went out last Saturday in Clearwater/Dunedin area, and the red tide had killed everything. It stunk 20 miles out, and was downright depressing to only see dead "sealife."

Has the red tide not affected Venice, or around your area. I heard that it originated around Englewood......

Please clue me in.....I want to get back in the water!

Last week, you could smell it, but no dead fish that I saw. That being said, with the beach renourishment at Venice, there's precious little life left anyway. I did see some blue and stone crabs (and they looked well fed, too), and a single sea robin, but that's it.

There's also a massive diatom bloom going on.

I saw some mantis lairs, but didn't see any of the buggers. I didn't feel like poking around to see if anyone was home, either :D.

Spoke with CBulla today about this. At the time I was speaking to him on the phone I had really thought I could sneek away from working on rebuilding my house for a few hours on Sunday. :D But later while driving home from work I remembered that I had prior plans at 11am so it looks like I'll have to catch you all on the next trip :17:

Wildbill :cheers:

HEY!!!!! I just read the post title and it states 08/06 which is saturday but the post states Sunday which day is the dive :06:

I could maybe make saturday :wink:

Wildbill:cop_2:

I can't make it on Saturday (soccer tryouts for kids).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom