Venice Beach Shark Tooth Diving?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fldiver1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Help!! I want to know how and where exactly to go. My brother in law and myself want to find some shark teeth. Is this a beach dive or, I heard something about a charter boat?? Can someone give me some advice on this subject please. I live in Orlando so the drive is no big deal over to Venice Beach.

Florida West has a charter boat, if you'd like to make a beach dive, there are directions in several threads. I'm planning to be there on Sunday.

Go with Walter, I did and found about 80 teeth :D If you dive with him let him lead don't go wandering off in whatever direction you choose; Walter will take you to good areas if you follow.
Ber :lilbunny:

I've gone out with Florida West Scuba School and I thought they were great! My husband and I found over 300 teeth in 2 dives. We found only 1 meg tooth each, but
they were nice. We also found scallop fossils, bones and I found an alligator tooth.
He lets you have 1 1/2 hour bottom times and the dives were pretty cheap. I think he charges $69 a day. Vis was only a few feet but we did well and had a good time.

Terri

Ber Rabbit:
Go with Walter, I did and found about 80 teeth :D If you dive with him let him lead don't go wandering off in whatever direction you choose; Walter will take you to good areas if you follow.

Darlin', you shoulda been with me on Christmas Eve.

Walter:
Saturday it was 69, but we just had a cold front.
I would like to join you guys. The last time we were there, I froze at 64, but was fine at 69. I have students Saturday, but will try for Sunday.

Walter:
Darlin', you shoulda been with me on Christmas Eve.

Wish I could have! Family obligations you know :D
I don't even get to come down for hubby's business meeting in February this time, just didn't work out :116:

ffestpirate:
I would like to join you guys. The last time we were there, I froze at 64, but was fine at 69. I have students Saturday, but will try for Sunday.

Come on up.

Ber Rabbit:
Wish I could have!

Too bad, I set a personal record for total number found. There were some nice Hemipiristis serras in there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom