Venice Beach, Feb 13-17 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im in tom and finding at least one more wont be a problem. im glad u talked to Capt. Jamie, he is a friend of mine. Ive been out with him about 10 times and i usually do pritty good. He has some great spots. Look forward to seeing u then PM me if u have any questions

We just got back from Palm Beach. It was a great trip. 11 dives in 3 days. The water was about 68-70 and the vis was 30-50'.

23 days until Venice!

The plan is to dive with Florida West on Sat, 2/14 & Sun, 2/15, and then with Aristakat on Mon, 2/16. We'd also like to do a beach dive on Sat & Sun, vis permitting.

This will be our first time to Venice, so again, any local divers are very welcomed to join us, to give us some pointers on the beaches, in exchange for beer and burgers.

With apologies to Florda West and Aristakat... we're wimping out. :shakehead:

I've been studying the dive conditions thread and 58 is just to darn cold without a drysuit (for me) and I don't own one. It's on the list, right after fancy strobes for my camera, but it won't happen this year. :depressed:

All is not lost for us. Thanks to recommendations on another thread, we've signed up to take a Cavern Diver specialty course at Ginnie Springs the same weekend. :D

Bring either lots of neoprene or a dry suit.... Waters still chilly....

Chilly where, Dan? In the Springs? I thought it was 72? I'm planning on a 5mil.

It is / That's still cold for us! I use a 5 no hood and am fine for about 60 minute dives. We get spoiled as the gulf will have days at 87 in the summer. Ahhhh that's diving!

Welp, if anyone else is intersted in Diving Venice on the 14th or 15th, I'm thinking about bringing my boat down and doing 3-4 tank dives both days. I'm also thinking about just camping out vs getting a hotel. I'll have my wife and kids with me, but they are most likely just going to find a nice indoor pool and hang out. Any takers? I can fit 1-2 people more on my boat (17 ft center console). If weather kicks up or vis is nothing, then I will cancel. May still try some beach dives, though.

Im interested but the weather isnt looking good.

hi tom,
sounds like you've already got a full schedule, but here is some more local info. i don't do much diving, but my favorite shop is floridaunderwatersports.com. they are located about 5 miles north of venice. give them a call to get local info at 941 870-4461. also, in venice a capt mark summerlin has a complete dive boat and takes divers out regularly. phone 941-486-1400. lots of divers walk in or kayak in off of venice beach and the beaches to the south. personally, i've found the most teeth at casperson beach. as for night life in venice, check out sharky's on the pier, just north of casperson beach by the golf course. if you're down in pt. charlotte, call benedetto's to see if they have live entertainment that night, i think you'll have a good time. jeff b

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom