Venice Beach Conditions - May 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a chance to make a late afternoon dive on the way home from Sarasota. Got in the water at 1545. It had just rained and another storm was moving in fast. I figured the vis was going to be so-so, at least I could get wet and unwind after a particularly trying day. Man, was I ever wrong! It was absolutely stunning! One of the best vis days I've seen at Venice ever. At 22', I could clearly see my dive flag up on the surface and make out the stripe and color vividly. I went nekkid (just a diveskin and backpack, no bc and no neoprene) as I do sometimes when I want to get in and out fast. It was almost spring-like, it was so clear. No megs and didn't really look too hard for teeth. Just had fun...one of the funnest afterwork dives I've had.:D

that is great news as i will be down thurs, fri and sun diving venice. I was wondering with this wind if the vis was gonna be bad.

darren

CBulla:
stingray dental plates :)

Upper left and upper right look like barbs. The rest look like plates.

Divergirl4u:
Yes it is hard to tell in the pic :shakehead ...but i think all on the left are barbs and all on the right are plates .... how cool is that :crafty: Thanks guys :wink:
Kim P

Numbering them left to right, top to bottom, my best guess from this photo -
1. barb 2. can't see 3. barb
4.can't see 5. dental plate 6. dental plate 7. can't see 8. dental plate

A better photo would be helpful, Darlin'.

darrenw:
that is great news as i will be down thurs, fri and sun diving venice. I was wondering with this wind if the vis was gonna be bad.

darren

Starting Saturday, 6 days of NE winds forecast, so it could get even better...

5-27 Heading down from Ocala. Anyone frome area wanna join in feel free to call me. Gpt plenty of room for gear and 4 peeps...

352-342-2129

Conditions at Venice today
seas flat with ENE winds
vis 10'+
temp77

todays haul from Service Club

Attachments

• tetth052007.JPG
    tetth052007.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 68
North of the pipes at Alhambra temp was 74-75

South of the pipes temp 75-76 (It felt a world of difference south of the pipes in bioprene!)

Today's haul from Alhambra

Attachments

• teeth1.jpg
    teeth1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 52
  • teeth2.jpg
    teeth2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 52
  • teeth3.jpg
    teeth3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 30
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/