Venice Beach Conditions - April 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got these this morning. Forgot my computer so some of the report is estimated.
There was a slight surge with the 2'+ swells.
The vis was <1' till after the 15' depths then opened up to about 5'+
Temp was about 70
tomorrow should be better with the east wind we had today.

Attachments

• teeth413.JPG
    teeth413.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 66
That settles it... I am in the water tomorrow! (4/14/07)

Who's with me? ... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?.... No!

i will be there with my wife and little red jeep and new diveyak.at about 9 am

rebelmandziukan:
i will be there with my wife and little red jeep and new diveyak.at about 9 am

Conditions look pretty favorable in the morning. I think I'm going to try and make it for an early morning dive. Gotta be back for my son's football game at noon. I should be finishing up about the time you get there. Maybe we could meet. I'll be in a red Dodge P/U with a Fantasea scuba tag on the front.

Got in the water @ 0725. Low tide. Vis 8-10 feet at 22 ft. depth. Water temp. 73 deg. F. Dive time 87 min. Got two small broken Megs and the usual handful of smaller teeth.

this should be titled A FOOL AND HIS DIVEYAK. I got to dive venice with my new equipment. I flipped the yak when i entered the water and my spare weight went straight to the sea floor whoops those werent spare weights! those were my salt water weights that i forgot to put back in my bc so i had a hard time staying down. then there was the fact that it was windy and i had my line tyed to my yak which yanked and pulled me so bad that i spent more time trying to stay on the bottom than looking for teeth.Im going to have to get a sea anker or something.the full face mask worked great as did the split fins that i bought.was the yak trip to the boneyard worth it. 2 megs one 3 1/2 long almost complete and 1 2" long and complete and assorted smallies. but it was a lot of work paddeling.90 minutes at 27 feet vis 10 to 15 feet water temp 72

2th divr:
Got these this morning. Forgot my computer so some of the report is estimated.
There was a slight surge with the 2'+ swells.
The vis was <1' till after the 15' depths then opened up to about 5'+
Temp was about 70
tomorrow should be better with the east wind we had today.

Very nice again - Is that another mammoth tooth and a whale vertebra?

Yes, a whale vertebra and a piece of mammoth tooth.
The puffer plate is 1 1/2" long.

I had a dive scheduled with Florida West for April 18th and they had to cancel because of the conditions. Are the conditions any different closer to shore? Anyone heading out later in the week for a beach dive? I'm down here from Michigan and really was looking forward to the dive. I'm staying in Tarpon Springs. Can anyone recommend another dive location? Thanks.

danmilnes:
I had a dive scheduled with Florida West for April 18th and they had to cancel because of the conditions. Are the conditions any different closer to shore? Anyone heading out later in the week for a beach dive? I'm down here from Michigan and really was looking forward to the dive. I'm staying in Tarpon Springs. Can anyone recommend another dive location? Thanks.

Looks like the winds are out of the Southwest, which makes for poor visibility. He may be citing surface conditions too. Not sure about that, I just checked weather on accuweather.

A closer dive would be Spanish Rocks or the sugar barge. Check out the threads on those sites in the central Florida forum.

But if I was in Tarpon Spgs. and I had some time and I was planning a dive, I know where I'd be...Buford sink. But that's just me:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom