Venice Beach Conditions - April 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drove from orlando to venice today to dive with some new equipment that i just bought. When i got there i saw the surf was the worst ive ever seen it and the ocean had whitecaps. so i turned around and went home no use in diving when the conditions are like that. no vis what so ever!

tough luck rebelmandziukan.

how long a drive was it? i am thinking of making it in a month or so when my wife and kids are away.

Joe

its about 2 hours depending on your speed. its always been hit or miss with venice beach today was an exceptionally bad day because of the waves which were 4 to 5 feet by my estimation.

There is a "beach conditions" link in the first post here. You can use that to check before you make the trip

wow i wish i would have seen that. thanks for the heads up cooltech. I just bought a new inflatable 2 person diveyak and a new full face dive helmet ( jaw keeps getting tired after 2 hours of diving) and new split fins. guess ill have to wait til next week to try them out.

Stiff winds from the W last night and all day today. Sorry you made the trip.

Yeah, but after the wind we've been having, it's probably pretty stirred up. I'd wait until Wednesday at least (and then only if we get no more W winds).

hey rebelmandziukan, hows the diveyak? Ive been thinking about getting one but they are pretty expensive. If you havent tried it out yet at least let me know after you have tried it.

im gonna try to do venice next saturday. nizzy i havent had a chance to try out diveyak yet but i will give a full report on it and my fullface mask and my split fins.pluss i have a steel 144 that i havent tryed yet. so much new equipment so little time.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom