VENICE BEACH BASH - AUGUST 6TH, 2011 (Rescheduled Date)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm on the 10:15 boat but I had to have my regs serviced this week and won't have them back in time for this. Anyone on one of the other boats mind if I borrow their set? or should I just rent a set. Never been a fan of dive shop rentals tho.

I don't think you'll have any problem scaring up gear to dive with.
I'm on an 8:30 boat.
You can use mine if you don't mind dealing with a long hose reg.
Do you have a tank? If so, what type valve does it have? DIN or Yoke?

Checked the current track of Emily and she is now further East and still off the coast so Saturday is looking better. Might still have some rain - this is Florida remember.

Checked the current track of Emily and she is now further East and still off the coast so Saturday is looking better. Might still have some rain - this is Florida remember.

And winds from the east = good.

Sounding good! packing gear!

338PM REPORT Thurs

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH AROUND 5
KNOTS IN THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. BAY
AND INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.

east is GOOD !!!!!

5 PM advisory...

Remnants of EMILY Public Advisory

000WTNT35 KNHC 042031TCPAT5BULLETIN

REMNANTS OF EMILY ADVISORY NUMBER 13NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

AL052011500 PM EDT THU AUG 04 2011...
EMILY DEGENERATES INTO A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE...
HEAVY RAINSCONTINUE OVER HISPANIOLA...

SUMMARY OF 500 PM EDT...2100 UTC...
INFORMATION----------------------------------------------LOCATION...19.0N 75.0WABOUT 100 MI...160 KM SSW OF THE EASTERN TIP OF CUBAMAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...35 MPH...55 KM/HPRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 315 DEGREES AT 16 MPH...26 KM/HMINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1009 MB...29.80 INCHESWATCHES AND WARNINGS--------------------
CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY...

THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC...CUBA AND THE BAHAMASHAVE DISCONTINUED ALL TROPICAL STORM WATCHES AND WARNINGS.

SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT...

THERE ARE NO COASTAL WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT.

FOR STORM INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO YOUR AREA...PLEASE MONITORPRODUCTS ISSUED BY YOUR NATIONAL METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE.DISCUSSION AND 48-HOUR OUTLOOK------------------------------AT 500 PM EDT...2100 UTC...THE REMNANTS OF EMILY WERECENTERED NEAR LATITUDE 19.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 75.0 WEST.MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 35 MPH...55 KM/H...WITH HIGHERGUSTS IN SQUALLS.ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1009 MB...29.80 INCHES.HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND----------------------RAINFALL...ALTHOUGH EMILY HAS WEAKENED IT IS CAPABLE TO PRODUCETOTAL RAINFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES WITH ISOLATEDAMOUNTS OF 20 INCHES POSSIBLE OVER THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ANDHAITI. THESE RAINS COULD CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS ANDMUD SLIDES. TOTAL RAIN ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE EXPECTEDACROSS EASTERN CUBA...THE BAHAMAS...AND THE TURKS AND CAICOSISLANDS.WIND...TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS IS GUSTS COULD STILL AFFECTPORTIONS OF HAITI DURING THE NEXT FEW HOURS.NEXT ADVISORY-------------THIS IS THE LAST PUBLIC ADVISORY ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANECENTER ON THIS SYSTEM UNLESS REGENERATION OCCURS. $$FORECASTER AVILA

:dancingsnoopy::dancingsnoopy::dancingsnoopy:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom