Venice Beach 6/3/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefGuy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went out to Venice beach today. Perfect day! Water was 82 with around 20' vis. Lots of boaters, as usual, but I wasn't on the surface long enough to see how badly behaved they were. Lots of noise underwater, though.

Found 420 teeth, including 2 small megs and two pieces, 7 snaggletooths and 3 tigers!

knew I should've run up there this morning, but I figured with the W wind forecast, conditions might not be so good....guess that's what I get for thinking...glad you had a good trip!!!

ReefGuy:
Went out to Venice beach today. Perfect day! Water was 82 with around 20' vis. Lots of boaters, as usual, but I wasn't on the surface long enough to see how badly behaved they were. Lots of noise underwater, though.

Found 420 teeth, including 2 small megs and two pieces, 7 snaggletooths and 3 tigers!

Where at were you along the beach? I'm going back wednesday and hope to do as well as you did. the vis was only 5' friday when I was there.

At Alhambra, straight out from the drainage pipes. Best luck (as usual) in the 13'-15' range, although I did go out as far as 19'.

The bed is really huge compared to the last two years, once I hit it at 13', it never ended.

ReefGuy - Pleasure meeting you and thanks for the tips.

Dive Report - As Reefguy said vis was excellent ~20ft. I actually spotted a broken meg from about 5-6 ft away. On my first dive I only found some small teeth. On my second dive I found several broken megs.

Also during my second dive I hear the coast guard siren and hear them talking to a boater not sure what it was about - but some boater seem to be getting really close to the beach.

Nice to meet you, UB, and hope to catch up with you again sometime.

It was rather noisy there Sat, wasn't it. Nice to see the FWC active out there.

ReefGuy:
At Alhambra, straight out from the drainage pipes. Best luck (as usual) in the 13'-15' range, although I did go out as far as 19'.

The bed is really huge compared to the last two years, once I hit it at 13', it never ended.

We're going in the am again, thats where we were at, Alhambra. what is out there where I see all the boats at, maybe a couple hundred yards off shore?

More of what you're seeing at around 18' (at least in the areas I've been to). Some larger rocks and rubble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom