Venice Beach 31JUL - 01AUG Anyone??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talked to Steve @ Florida West. The conditions might be better further south, ie; Sharkey's or Casperson...
Inky waters off Venice Beach...

Inky Waters.... :06: Are there a bunch of octopus out there :D

Wildbill:cop_2:

As far as I am know, the plan hasn't changed yet, but I am game for a different spot if someone has a confirmed report of better conditions elsewhere. I won't have an internet connxn after noon today so I can't check the board for messages, but I sent my cell # to Reefguy via private message to give me a call if the plan changes. If anyone is online now, or before noon, can you PM me a phone number so that I can have a backup to check. I will be renting a couple of tanks when I get down there, so I will check the local dive shop for board members also.

We are staying at the Beachcomber south of Alahambra and the mgr mentioned they are scheduled to start the replenishement just offshore there as of yesterday, but that they finished Venice. Not sure what that means for visibility, but might mean something to you all.

If I don't hear anything, I will be at Alahambra as planned, 7/31 Sun @ 0930.
[fade to image of lone diver at a deserted loading dock with twilight zone theme playing] :paranoid:

(hope to) See you all Sunday!
Steve

Alrighty then! I can be there early as well and will bring an extra tank.

Sweet!

Yup, let's stick with Alhambra. If what FWSS says is true, we can move to the other beaches (they're only a few minutes away). Alhambra is just the best spot for sharks' teeth

Wildbill:
Inky Waters.... :06: Are there a bunch of octopus out there :D

Wildbill:cop_2:

In fact it is an octopus: Gymnodinium breve...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom