velcro fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey gang,
I had seen in a recent dive magazine (of course I forget which one...) a set of fins that looked basically like a regular pair but instead of having a rubber top and back strap to hold your foot in there were a few velcro straps that held your foot onto them. Has anyone else seen these? Am I loosing my mind? Tried to google them and cannot seem to find what I am looking for.

Also, if anyone has a pair, what do you think? Good, bad? They just looked very comfortable and curious.

Thanks in advance.

I know of 2 fins that have velco tops

the first is the Force Fin SD-1 Military, its a great fin, comfortable, can be used by basically anyone with any foot size or what I use it for it is to wrap about my drysuit boot and my 3mm bootie in a single fin.

the other one is a bad joke when someone tried to copy the idea for $20 production. Its from Zeagle called the "EZ Travel Finz", they unlike nearly everything else made my Zeagle (I love my Zeagle Regs) are absolute garbage

May I also add other designs that use velcro straps, the adjustable dive blade, sk1 snorkel fin which about 500 pairs were made, the adjustable Rip Force, the adjustable Beaver Force,the Adjustable Slim Fin and I noticed in a PADI ad in Dive Log from Australia the first SD-1 sewn fin. I started playing around with adjustable foot pocket's in the late 70's. I will save the Zeagle story for my upcoming book.

Last edited:
Meesier42, thanks for point me in the right direction! I knew I could count on this board for some quick answers.

It looks like Zeagle realized their folly and have changed the design since they first came out. Originally called the Teleoz Zeagle Teleoz Fins - Zeagle Adjustable Scuba Fins seems that they have improved on the concept and called them the EZ travel fin Zeagle EZ Travel Finz although some of the old models are being sold as the new.

Do you know if you had tried the earlier or later model?

BTW, if you really want to see a joke of a fin for under $20 check these out... Sport Sandal Swim Fins | Flippers for your Sandals

dunno which ones I used, but they were terrible.

to me, fins like regulators and BCD's are a critical piece of equipment, if they are not comfortable and efficient then I don't want them. which is why I spend my money on the best things on the market, the Force Fins, although I will say, the FF Pro is the perfect fin for most people.

Back
Top Bottom