Vehicle gizmos and gadgets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

np251

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey All

Currently looking for my own set of wheels so i can stop bumming rides off of buddies and actually do more diving. Thinking about an early 90's Ford explorer or Jeep Cherokee (but anyway, i digress).

Something about the 'mobile dive shanty' struck a cord- im thinking of ways of tricking it out with tank racks, little kit hammocks, some 12v lights for kitting up before/after night dives and a rubbermaid container and bilge type pump for quick rinse shower.

Anyone have any gizmos or gadgets that they have tricked out their vehicle with to make their diving day a little more civilised?

cheers

bilge type pump for quick rinse shower

In my other thread at http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourself-diy/272937-water-pressure-test-chamber.html there was a pressure test chamber using a soda keg. The other use for it though is that if you replace the pressure gauge on the "liquid out" side with a spray-gun, you get a really easy pressure washer.

You just have to make sure you don't leave the compressor running, as the pressure builds up fast!

Gives you 5L of water... more useful for spraying down gear then yourself though. Not sure what you mean by shower ;-)

A variation on the test chamber could be to replace the gas-in port with a Low Pressure Inflator fitting feeding a small LP regulator (150psi down to 5-30psi output). KEEP the over-pressure safety valve! Replace the liquid-out end with a hose and shower head/garden hose. Paint it black for solar heated hot water.

Now after your dives you can hook up a used tank and reg and rinse gear or shower while using up only a few psi of air. For a simpler system maybe you could even get an old 1st stage to crank down to 20psi output and then pressurize it right off the tank.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom