Vehicle/Boat Charger for Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever built or purchased a 12VDC input charger for sealed lead acid batteries.

I am interested in a charger that I can use whilst "In Transit" between dives.

I am aware of the inverter option, but Id rather a more compact alternative.

Thanks in advance

Dave

I have a brand new Maha MH-C777 OEM knockoff that charges 3-9V, that has (from memory) a 24V input. I bought it new for my canister light, but my canister light battery was 10.8V or something. You can have it for $20 if you want to play with it. Bought it on sale and couldn't return it. Useless though if your lead acid battery is more than 9V...

I don't think you can charge one from a 12v source, but have you tried Radio Shack? They usually have chargers for most anything smaller than a diesel truck :)

Phil

we have a battery shop here (Pacific Power) that not only has every conceivable battery... but lots of different chargers as well.

So... you might want to check your area for a Battery Shop or if you can't find one I will send you the phone number of Pacific Power and you can see if they will mail order it for you.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
I have a brand new Maha MH-C777 OEM knockoff that charges 3-9V, that has (from memory) a 24V input. I bought it new for my canister light, but my canister light battery was 10.8V or something. You can have it for $20 if you want to play with it. Bought it on sale and couldn't return it. Useless though if your lead acid battery is more than 9V...

Im using Standard gel cell Batteries, 12 Volt, so it may not work.

Regardless, I appreciate the offer, Ill bring some "Cherry Ripes" back for you in Feb!

Thanks Mate
Dave

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
Regardless, I appreciate the offer, Ill bring some "Cherry Ripes" back for you in Feb!
How about some Freddo Frogs or Jaffas instead?

Scubaroo once bubbled...
How about some Freddo Frogs or Jaffas instead?

Good job guys.My wife seen this thread and now shes looking all over the internet to order some aussie candies.She told me she hasnt had any of those candies you guys listed in years and has to have some.So heres to you :eek:ut: :D

Violet Crumble!

Does she use the Australian catalog Company?
They are expensive, but they have EVERYTHING!!!!

Lal, and Roo.
Seriously, Im headed home in Jan for a month, so If you do need anything, just cooee.

Dave

"Australia Fair" in San Francisco carry a small selection of necessities for the ex-pat - although they charge like a wounded bull for them!

I often see Voilet Crumbles for sale in supermarkets.

BTW, there is a Bakery here in Atlanta that does Pies,Pasties, sausage rolls, Lamingtons, Vanilla Slice's and Pavlovas.

I think we have an account there:D

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom